We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WestJet - new "Encore" service

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
WestJet - new "Encore" service

New flight options from Nanaimo and Fort St. John. Plus a shuttle between Van and Vic.

From the Globe and Mail, Feb 11, 2013

http://tinyurl.com/b5oagl4

"WestJet continues its shift from its folksy, uncomplicated roots. New flights announced Monday are from Calgary to Dallas, connecting the Canadian oil industry to the heart of the U.S. oil sector, and from Toronto to Myrtle Beach, N.C., catering to leisure travellers, marking WestJet’s further push into the United States. Those flights begin April 29 and May 2, respectively.

"Also on Monday, the company unveiled the first routes of its regional subsidiary WestJet Encore, with new flights out of Nanaimo, B.C., to Calgary, and Fort St. John, B.C., to Calgary and Vancouver, all using short-haul Bombardier Q400s. Those flights, plus new shuttle flights between Vancouver and Victoria, begin June 24.

"The airline is also introducing a new premium economy class seating that is targeted to business fliers."

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

Wow-Killer Deals to/from Fort St John!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

Toronto to Myrtle Beach will be great for golfers....

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

Sam, I just knew you've been waiting for that one! :-) Probably a free upgrade to "First" for buying the first ticket.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,031 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

Good on WestJet for the new routes! Just couldn't imagine TO to North Carolina on a 737. But, that is coming from a jaded AC Super Elite. :-)

Edited: 12 February 2013, 04:54
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

Last time I was in Myrtle Beach it was located in South Carolina...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

I guess if you're a SuperElite, it can be whatever state you want it to be.

Porter flies Toronto-Myrtle Beach with a Q400 turboprop. It's only a 2 hr 20 minute flight.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

Fully inclusive flight prices from Nanaimo to Calgary will be $127.81 and from Calgary to Nanaimo $140.83. Daily service. Flight departs Calgary at 11 am and arrives at 11:43 am. Flight from Nanaimo departs at 12:30 pm and arrives at 2:57 pm.

Great news for Nanaimo!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

I love it!!! And there are so many places to go to from Calgary! I am hoping my daughter in Ottawa will be able to use this service in the summer. When she came home for Christmas, she had to go back to Ottawa through Calgary anyway.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

Joan, that is so true. I wonder if this will benefit Island Link Bus as more people from the east might want to fly in and get around that way. Wait and see I guess.

10. Re: WestJet - new "Encore" service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 05:17