We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average "Express" passport processing time

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Average "Express" passport processing time

Has anybody renewed/applied for a passport and payed extra for the "express" service?

If so, about how long did it take until it was ready to pick up, or did it take less than the 9 days until it was ready to pick up at the passport office?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,696 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average "Express" passport processing time

I had to once as my passport went in the wash. Because it was damaged, I had to fill out a declaration form. I found out at the passport counter that it had to be notarized. The notaries around the PP office charge a premium price compared to those farther away from it. So a heads up there, just in case yours is damaged. They asked me when I was travelling and set the pick up date a day before that. I would tell them an earlier travel date next time because the last thing I wanted to do was go downtown the day before I was leaving.. Go early in the day when there's no line up.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Average "Express" passport processing time

Actually first thing in the AM there's a long lineup-even before the office opens there's one.

If you can it's best to go around 10:00 when the work-a-day types are back @ their jobs.

3. Re: Average "Express" passport processing time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:16