We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight concerns. Have I got time

Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flight concerns. Have I got time

I will be flying from Anaheim to Vancouver via Seattle, flying on Alaska Air.

My concern is that I have 55minutes from when we land in Seattle to take off for Vancouver.

Luggage will be checked straight through but I am concerned we still won't have time. Surely Alaska Air would not have allowed the booking to go through if it was not possible. I booked online through Alaska air and these are the flights they allocated.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight concerns. Have I got time

G'day Daniel,

I would also post this question on the Air Travel forum if I were you. There are very experienced advisers there as well.

I would suggest that you re-title your message to something like:

"Have I got time - LAX to SEA to YVR"

They love airport codes on that forum. Leave the rest of your message the same as above. The Air Travel forum is here:

Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,732 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight concerns. Have I got time

seatac is pretty small so no problem. You don't do customs till Vanc so you just get off your plane and board the Vanc plane. Horizon will be in the C concourse and your plane may land in the N satelite. There is a train and there shouldn't be any issues.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,663 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight concerns. Have I got time

For years I did the trip from either sfo or oak to Vancouver through Seattle at least once a month or more...only missed connection like yours 1 time. There are lots of flights from SEA to Vancouver so if you do have a problem they'll get you on the next flight. Alaska has a pretty good on time record and as David has said it's not that big an airport.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight concerns. Have I got time

Since it's all through Alaska Air, even if you miss your flight they are required to put you on another flight.

5. Re: Flight concerns. Have I got time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 07:15