We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

Pinawa
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

Does anybody have any experience with Enterprise Car Rental on Bute Street in Vancouver? I am looking at renting a car for one week in April. They seem to have good prices, and are one of the few rental outlets that are in the right area and are open till 4:00 on a Saturday afternoon.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,394 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

We hear nary a word about Enterprise on the forums. I have my own car so don't have any personal experience. I believe they will come to get you, I assume within a reasonable distance, take you back to the office to sign the papers and you're off.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

I always rent from Thrifty when in Vancouver, but have used Enterprise in other cities... no problems.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

I rent from Enterprise in Vancouver regularly never had any issues I find them a very easy company to do business with.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

Hi Sam

We are planning to come to Vancouver for a week in August and want to rent a car for 1 week. Which is the best Enterprise office to deal with? I meant downtown or airport? Is it more expensive to rent a var from the aiport branch? Also, for british drivers, where do i get car insurance or is it included? Sorry for what appears silly questions but this is our visit to Vancouver and to be completely honest, we don't know anything about car rental business in that region and how it works. Any advice you can offer will be very much appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,394 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

Lucky, it is always to your disadvantage to tag a new question to the end of someone else's thread. Consider asking a new question. As well use the "search in Vancouver Forum" for "car rental" and similar terms for previous threads. This has been asked a number of times here.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

I copied and pasted our recent experience from a previous post below. We had no real problems with our Enterprise rental car or their employees, except for the Branch Manager that either didn't know what he was doing or was looking for a bribe. All of which, is explained below. If you want any further info on the branch manager's name is or the name of the nice young lady we dealt with, please send me a PM. Hope this helps you.

We returned home from Vancouver on May 30th and while there we rented a car from Enterprise on 550 Bute Street for one day, because it was around the corner and an easy walk from our hotel. We kept waiting for the rain to stop to see Whistler and finally on May 28th, we decided that the 29th and our last day in Vancouver would be our best and only chance left for seeing Whistler with the weather we had for 3 days prior. On the 28th, we dropped into Enterprise near the end of their working day. We were told by the Branch Manager, with the initials MM and the only one there at the time, that all the cars were booked up for May 29th. At this point, we didn't care what class/type of car they had for us to rent. Still the answer from the Branch Manager was, ALL the cars were rented for the next day and we left disappointed. The next morning and only day we had left to visit Whistler, we decided to give it one more try and phoned them and to our surprise a very nice young lady answered the phone and said, "Yes we have lots of cars available for today, what class/type of car would you like?" We answered her and told her that we would be there immediately to get one. We walked in and this young woman and another nice young man were at the counter. We asked for her by the name we had been given on the phone and did our business with her. She was pleasant and very professional and we got a new car and got the type of car we wanted. Outside with her, we mentioned how that just the day before the Branch Manager told us that there were no cars, of any type, to be had for 29th. She didn't say much, but said she understood. We think that either the Branch Manager didn't know what he was doing or was looking for a green handshake. Had to laugh, because while we were filling out the paperwork for our car at the counter, the Branch Manager walked in and went directly to a back office. I don't want to give this young woman's name, because I don't want her to get in trouble with her boss. If you are dealing with the Branch Manager at Enterprise on 550 Bute Street, be wary, but the other staff seem very nice and helpful. By the way, Whistler and the drive on the Sea to Sky Highway were wonderful and I am glad we got to see it, even though it stressful for awhile, in trying to get a car. Hope this helps someone.

Edited: 23 June 2013, 19:46
7. Re: enterprise car rental bute street vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:16