We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay & transportation to/from BC Place June concert

West Kelowna, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay & transportation to/from BC Place June concert

As I start to search for accommodations near BC place I am faced with no availability and/or costs out of my budget and no parking.

So wondering if anyone can suggest a more budget friendly hotel with easy transportation to BC place??

A little uneasy about being downtown after the concert.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay & transportation to/from BC Place June concert

Which ones did you try?

www.ywcahotel.com

www.hamptoninnvancouverinn.com

Are both on walking distance from BC Place.

Hampton Inn has parking.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay & transportation to/from BC Place June concert

Why would being downtown make you uneasy? There's the Holiday Inn on Broadway. 5 minute ride on the train and 5 minute walk to the hotel.

Also the Best Western Uptown on Kingsway and the Holiday Inn on Hastings are two other options. Have you looked at the YWCA hotel or Sandman on Georgia St. Both are next to BC Place.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,312 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay & transportation to/from BC Place June concert

Sandy, +1 for the YWCA Hotel, it's a hotel not a hostel. Note it has a variety of bathroom types to choose from: private, semi private and showers down the hall. But it is late for getting a good price for June.

I did a dummy ressie for 2 nights for a weekend, mid June. It looks as though they have single rooms with semi private shower for $90 a night and a double with private shower for $133 a night. The Y is one of the best values in town, partly because of its good location downtown. Other places would require taking a bus or finding a place to park the car. I would grab one of those rooms today!!

Parking is a big deal here. It's usually quite expensive. The Y has reasonably priced parking in the lot next door.

Vancouver is a safe place. You will be fine walking with 10,000+ other happy 'friends' for the 8 minutes back to the Y. :-) You will be fine anyway.

Edited: 17 March 2013, 21:01
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay & transportation to/from BC Place June concert

Also, since there are two SkyTrain lines which service BC Place Stadium, you can stay in Richmond, near Bridgeport Station, where there are multiple reasonably priced hotels.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay & transportation to/from BC Place June concert

probably because he saw our riots....

And if that's the case, that was only a one off thing. Otherwise, our downtown is pretty safe.

Edited: 19 March 2013, 03:02
6. Re: Where to stay & transportation to/from BC Place June concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 05:16