We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

We're planning a long weekend (4 nights) in late July. 2 couples w 2 kids each, all under 8. Both places tick off alot of boxes for us-rooms to spread out, washer/dryer, kitchen. From my readings, TSS has the location, but L'Hermitage has the pools.

What is your opinions on our choices and what would sway you one way or the other?

We have not been to Vancouver, and plan to explore North Vancouver a bit.

Thanks for your input!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

I love Times Square Suites.

Only, there are so many lovely places to stay. Did you have look at 910 Beach Avenue, or Sutton Place, or Lord Stanley on the Park, or Sunset Inn, or......decisions, decisions.............

www.lordstanley.com

www.910beach.com

…suttonplace.com/La_Grande_Residence.htm

www.comfysuites.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,043 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

Times Square Suites is only a few blocks to the beach. Who needs a pool? Based on your needs, I would say TSS. Easy to get to North Vancouver from TSS. Plus, Stanley Park is close (and more beaches)...lots of restaurant choices etc.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

TSS definitely- L'Hermitage doesn't strike me as being particularly kid friendly.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

If you go for TSS, ask for a room(s) on Robson Street. That will save you most of the traffic noise.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,821 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

Times Square gives you Stanley Park, the beach at English Bay and the bounty of numerous Denman Street restaurants. L'Hermitage is certainly a more luxury accommodation centrally located and generally appealing more to couples than kids. L'Hermitage is closer to the Seabus to North Van (and Canada Line to YVR) but TSS is closer if you have a car. Both are close to groceries.

Singapore
Level Contributor
527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

HI

We stayed in the 'L Hermitage Vancouver' in 2011 and it was a great stay. That being said, it is a little standoffish and the attitude of the front desk staff, the concierge (who only had super expensive restuarants to recommend us) and the service staff are not as friendly and personable as I like.

The rooms were outstanding, wine and chocolates, turn down service were there but something just seemed a little bit off. It would say it is a good place to go to, if you are on honeymoon or want to splurge but with kids, I think other places would be better.

I have written my vancouver and whistler trip on my blog, you are welcome to take a look if you like.

Enjoy your trip!

baconandjackrussells.com

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

Thank you all for your input. We looked at TSS's inventory this past week-they seem to get booked quickly! So we are actually waiting to check back later on the room type we need. In the mean time i will check out your suggestions of the other places, Wallie.

Thank you so much everyone.

8. Re: Does location trump all? Times Square Stes vs L'Hermitage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 06:16