We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

I am trying to pull together a last minute trip for family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids - ages 5, 8, 12 and 17). Here is what we have so far:

We arrive at SEA on 3/25 about 9 am. Picking up rental car and driving to Vancouver. Staying at BW Chateau Granville for two nights (3/25 and 3/26 reserved not confirmed). We would have to check out on 27th for lack of availability or book another location for all nights. But locating a room within budget that accommodates 6 in one room is not easy. Considered a trip to Victoria - but not sure about travel from there to Seattle. Feel comfortable with ferry service with car from Vancouver to Victoria. We are are booked/confirmed at Four Points Sheraton in Seattle for nights of 3/28 and 3/29. We depart SEA on 3/30 at 7 pm.

Is it crazy to squeeze in Victoria? Would you add the extra night to Vancouver or Seattle - or some other area?

We are fairly adventurous family and take the stress of travel well. Any tips/suggestions is much appreciated. Thank you.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

I'd try and find abother place in Vancouver for your three nights.. you'll only have 2 full days in Vancouver and there is a lot to see and do here. Have you checked the suite hotels..there are quite a few downtown. It's 4 hours to Victoria by ferry and then either the ferry to Washington or back to Tswassen then cross the border and back to Seattle..... for all the time spent in the car rather than doing things I'd skip Victoria.. again tons to see and do in Seattle area. possibly even look at Boeing Museum in Everett and spend a night in that area on the way down to Seattle if you can't find a 3rd night in vancouver

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

Pass on the Chateau Granville, Check out Times Square Suites instead. You really don't need a car in Vancouver or Seattle. Both downtowns are very compact and are well served with transit. If you do bring a rental car to Vanouver, you will likely be paying for the rental and parking while it sits in a hotel garage. Same in Seattle. Have a look at taking Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver. Very pretty trip.

You don't have time for Victoria.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

I would not squeeze in Victoria. I would suggest staying the nights of 3/25, 2/26 and 3/27 in Vancouver. There's plenty of interesting things to do here that would fill that time and more.

I would look at Sunset Inn and Suites, complimentary continental breakfast and parking. For 4 adults and 2 children they have a 1 bd plus 2 double sofa beds for about $200 a night. I would not pass Go or collect $200 as the property is in a good location with good sized rooms. Expensive? Well, you will not be paying for the ferries to Victoria or Seattle so apply that to the hotel.

http://www.sunsetinn.com/hotel

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154943-d182543…

TSS does not have enough beds for your group. One queen and then 2 twins or 1 king.

Edited: 21 March 2013, 01:13
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,972 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

Agree that finding a place in Vancouver is your best option. Otherwise, I would look at something between Vancouver and Seattle - I'm thinking Whidbey Island.

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

Thank you for your input. I think we will add the extra day to Vancouver. I am looking at the Sunset Inn and VRBOs for alternative places to stay. With that - any ideal day trips since we will have a car?

Thanks again.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,972 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

Whistler is the obvious one.

Otherwise, a drive out along highway 7 and Dewdney Trunk Road to the Stave Lake dam, then out to Mission, across the river to Abbotsford, along the back roads to Fort Langley, tour the Fort, the Museum and the Village, some wineries and then back to Vancouver from there.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

No day trips. Vancouver itself can easily fill all your time! Park the car and walk ..Vancouver is very compact.

Singapore
Level Contributor
527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

HI,

We did our trip to Seattle and coupled that with La Conner, Whidley Island, then Vancouver, then Victoria Island and lastly Whistler. We drove and did a round, beginning and ending at Seattle.

Whistler is great, and so is La Conner and Whidbey Island. Vancouver is pretty compact and we went to Granville Island but other than that, i prefer the rest of the other places. You can try La Conner as the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is in April 1-30 but the tulips could be in bloom right now. They are really pretty and memorable for us.

I documented it all on my blog to remember our trip so you are welcome to go see.

baconandjackrussells.com

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

Its actually Vancouver Island

Singapore
Level Contributor
527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help asap for quick trip to SEA and Vancouver

HI, You are absolutely right, thank you!