We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus to V.I.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
bus to V.I.

Hello,

Two of us would like to get to Vancouver Island (Sidney area) from Coquitlam. We don't have a car and are wondering if it is better to bus and then rent a car in Sidney to visit in the area? Would we go via Skytrain to the airport or go to downtown to catch a bus over?

Any help appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,381 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus to V.I.

Hi Joanne ~

You could do a couple of things. You could indeed go by skytrain to Bridgeport Station then transfer to the #620 Tsawwasswn Ferry bus. I believe when they depart that station, it's on the hour. Or you could get to Pacific Central Station and take Pacific Coach Lines to Swartz Bay, then the Island's transit bus to Sidney. The 160 bus from Coq Station to Main St and transfer to the #3 bus south on Main would take about an hour.

www.translink.ca

www.pacificcoach.com

Sidney is a very small town and would take about 15 min to get around. But to get anywhere else, like Butchart or downtown Victoria you would do well with a car. I believe there are rental car agencies at Sidney and Enterprise will meet you at the ferry.

J&W
Calgary AB
Level Contributor
645 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus to V.I.

Look at the Top Questions, How do I get from Vancouver to Victoria. Rent a car there, ferry rates are over $50 each way.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus to V.I.

Thank you for your speedy reply and helpful links.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,512 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus to V.I.

You have specified bus in your question, and have received good advice, but I just thought I'd jump in and point out that flying is also an option. Going on public transit would be a long and exhausting day. This is actually also very doable on a bicycle, either riding the whole way, or taking your bike on the bus for part of the trip. Just tossing out alternative ideas....

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bus to V.I.

I've done that trip by bike, bus & ferry it's a lot of fun especially the cruise down to Sydney.

6. Re: bus to V.I.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 05:17