We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus and train travel

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
bus and train travel

I'm flying to Los angeles and would like to travel to vancouver B.C by bus or train. where can i get details about train and bus options and the most interesting routes?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: bus and train travel

Google is your friend.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus and train travel

Amtrak is the US train service

Greyhound is bus service

You're looking at a distance of 1300 miles, and one international border.

Most people fly.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,139 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus and train travel

Amtrak.com

the Coast Starlight train is very popular. It will travel to Seattle where you can connect to the Amtrak Cascades Train to Vancouver BC. Its a really wonderful trip by train up the coast. You might want to break the trip and spend a day or so in San Francisco, Seattle before heading to Vancouver. Its one of the more popular american train rides.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,665 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus and train travel

You are talking a distance similar to Adelaide - Brisbane. How many days were you planning for this?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,012 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus and train travel

Agree with David it's a lovely train trip. I've done the part from San Francisco to BC albeit many years ago but the memories of the trip are wonderful. if you have the time I also recommend a stop in San Francisco and or Portland and or Seattle for a few days each... I think it's called "slow travel" lol

6. Re: bus and train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 05:17