We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellingham to Vancouver cruise terminal time?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Bellingham to Vancouver cruise terminal time?

Hi, I'm looking into flying into Bellingham Airport at 11:40 am on a Wednesday in June, renting a car, and driving to the Vancouver cruise terminal at Canada Place. I would drop the car off nearby, the boat leaves at 5pm and says to embark 2 hours before.

Obviously this is a tight schedule. Would this be doable? From my amateur analysis, if I just take carry on luggage and the flight is reasonably on time it would be. But I don't know how traffic is like on 99 during lunch hour, or how long border crossings might take.

Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,012 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellingham to Vancouver cruise terminal time?

First off, you are going to get hammered with a one-way drop fee on the car rental. But it is certainly doable in the time frame. Depending on the car rental company, you could drop the car right at the Cruise Terminal.

Or....

The QuickCoach Shuttle Bus leaves Bellingham Airport at 12:50 qnd gets to downtown Vancouver at 3:20.

Edited: 25 May 2013, 22:21
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellingham to Vancouver cruise terminal time?

Car rental is probably not the best way to go, as noted. Border crossings can be very delayed, but a Wednesday lunchtime should be fine.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,095 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellingham to Vancouver cruise terminal time?

A friend just used the quick shuttle from Bellingham last week and they dropped them off right at their hotel. I'd not rent a car unless you're prepared for big drop fee.

Edited: 25 May 2013, 23:13
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellingham to Vancouver cruise terminal time?

Thank you guys for the response! We just decided to arrive one day before instead of stretching our luck and arriving the same day as the cruse.

datthecoast - Thank you for the suggestion. We did find a rental that made the numbers work, but yes it was pretty hefty

Vancouverite67 - Thanks, we'll keep the border crossing in mind next time

traveller47 - Unfortunately we have an infant, so a car was necessary!

5. Re: Bellingham to Vancouver cruise terminal time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:17