We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Vancouver

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tours from Vancouver

Hello

Would anybody be able to recommend a tour group please? We're looking for a 7 days tour visiting Whistler, Banff, Kamloop, Lake Louise etc.

Many thanks

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours from Vancouver

with 7 days it will be a rush to try and visit Whistler as well as the Rockies. Do you plan any time in Vancouver? When are you coming? How many of you are there? Do you really not want to self drive? No need to stop in Kamloops..it's where the Rocky Mountaineer overnights but isn't really a destination per se if you want to spend time in the Rockies.

We can give better suggestions with a bit more info from you.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours from Vancouver

Kitl....you really need to have a look at a map. I don't think that you have any idea of the distances involved in what you are talking about.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours from Vancouver

I can't recommend, but can tell you the names of some of the motorcoach tours that ply these regions. You will want to say what your budget is, what class of hotel you wish (moderate or many amenities) and how "rich" an itinerary you want. You will want to look out for how many meals are included (or extra cost), how many admission tickets are included as opposed to "optionals" (same) and what places you "see" as opposed to "visit" the latter wording meaning time on the ground rather than waving as you drive by. You need to read the Terms and Conditions, which usually are linked near the passenger and payment information so that you go into things with eyes wide open as much as possible. Not trying to alarm you, just saying companies, in most cases, can reserve the right to make changes to this and that without informing the customer.

Have a look at Brewster, Travelsphere, Tauck, Globus, Trafalgar, Caravan, Maybe West Canada Tours and Key West Travel and Tours. Brewster is based in Banff and is well established.

Many of these tour itineraries include a trip across Georgia Strait on the ferry to visit Victoria. Don't be surprised to see that as well as an overnight at Sun Peaks, which is a ski resort in winter south of Kamloops. With 7 days/nights, you will be spending a great deal of time travelling. It's 850 km from Vancouver to Banff, 800 to Jasper. And a 4 hour journey one way between Vancouver to Victoria.

Is 7 days all you have? Would you be willing to do a one way and fly out of either Calgary or Vancouver? That would free up 2 days travel.

Davidgmg is a regular poster who may see your title and pop in. I almost didn't because it sounded like a city sightseeing tour out of Vancouver.

If you wanted to up the ante, you could look at the luxury Rocky Mountaineer offerings and combine that with a Brewster or Sun Dog coach option or even rent a car for your intra-Rockies sightseeing. RM goes to either Jasper or Banff with a hotel in Kamloops so that everyone can do the full distance in daylight. Again, you could do a one way and fly out of Calgary.

www.rockymountaineer.com

Another option would be to take VIA Rail Vancouver to Jasper and carry on from there with coach options, using 1 overnight on the train (20 hours), 2 nights in Jasper, 3 nights in Banff/Lake Louise and the airport shuttle to Calgary to fly out.

www.viarail.ca

7 nights is soooo tight.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours from Vancouver

you give so little info, I'd like to offer a suggestion. Most tours do a Calgary to Calgary itinerary if you simply want to concentrate on the Rockies. There are short trips however they will involve long days of travel and very rushed sightseeing. if that is what you want then I can help you a bit.

For Calgary to Calgary itinerary then consider Trafalgar or caravan.com

For Vancouver to Calgary then look at collettevacations.com, or globus.

For Vancouver to Vancouver then perhaps Keywestravel and tours would fill the bill. I don't recommend doing this much driving in such a short period of time but everyone vacations differently.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours from Vancouver

Ok, thank you all.

I should have phrased my question better. I do not have to go to all the places listed above - they were areas that my inlaws will consider.

Whilst I am British, my in laws are HK Chinese & they tend to cram lots of places into relatively short time which is what I want to avoid. I also would like to avoid the mad Chinese tours if at all possible but of course if I am out voted then I would prefer a relaxed one with at least 4* hotels and absolutely no motels. We are in Canada for two weeks flying in and out of Vancouver.

I will take any suggestions but it will have to be a tour as HK people that's what they like to do :-(

Cheshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours from Vancouver

Ok, thank you all.

I should have phrased my question better. I do not have to go to all the places listed above - they were areas that my inlaws will consider.

Whilst I am British, my in laws are HK Chinese & they tend to cram lots of places into relatively short time which is what I want to avoid. I also would like to avoid the mad Chinese tours if at all possible but of course if I am out voted then I would prefer a relaxed one with at least 4* hotels and absolutely no motels. We are in Canada for two weeks flying in and out of Vancouver.

I will take any suggestions but it will have to be a tour as HK people that's what they like to do :-(

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours from Vancouver

You have nine motor coach tour companies listed above that you can go ahead now to research what they offer. If you have any further specific questions or would like to link a couple of tours that you would like to have us compare for you, please post those links.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours from Vancouver

I and my husband,60 yrs old plan to tour vancouver for 9 days in July. Can anyone help us to plan or give some suggestions. Many thanks

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours from Vancouver

your really need to start your own thread. Answers to your question will be e mailed to the the original poster. You could look at the list for the posting your on and get some ideas. He wants to go to the Rockies from Vancouver. I'm not sure what you had in mind but please start a new thread.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours from Vancouver

Hi gohsoonguek ~

David has made a good request that you start your own question. It can get confusing when more than one traveller's plans are mixed together in one thread.

To start your own question, please look below this post, further below the reply box for the orange rectangle that says "Ask a question."

When you post, please say if you are willing to rent a car. Also please say what kinds of things you like to see and do when you visit a new place. If you gave some cities in mind that you would like to visit, please mention them. And please let us know if you are arriving by plane or from eastern Canada, or even from the USA as it will give us an idea about jet lag.