We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver?

London, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver?

I hope someone can help me....

I am planning to visit Canada (preferably Western Canada) for 10 days at the start of September. I am not currently set on a particular place and am happy to move around by car, to make the most of the trip. I guess, I am really looking for suggestions or a recommended itineary.

Last year, I went to San Francisco (6 days) and Yosemite (4 days) and I absolutely loved the combination of city sight seeing and trekking in the National Park. I know 10 days isn't very long but ideally I would like to experience the best Western Canada has to offer.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,

Sean

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,915 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver?

"I would like to experience the best Western Canada has to offer"

I would suggest that you need to look at the Canadian Rockies in Alberta then. Do some research and then come back with your ideas so advisers can help you refine your ideas.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,012 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver?

fly into Calgary rent a car for 7 days.. do a Rockies loop. then back to Calgary. fly to Vancouver for last 3 days then home from here.

Banff 3 nights

Jasper 4 nights

Vancouver 3 nights

10 days is a really short time as it takes at least 10 hours non stop to drive from Vancouver to Banff so one whole day just travelling.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,246 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver?

Good starting points for you:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/

stanfords.co.uk/Stanfords-London-Store.htm

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver?

Hiya Sean - we're flying into Vancouver from the UK at the end of this month and are heading up to Whistler for 3 nights then across to Lake Shuswap for 6 nights before heading back to Vancouver for the last 4 nights, like in a big circle - we too like the city/National Park combo :) We've never been to BC before so that's why we aren't venturing too far, but we have spent a couple of holidays in Alberta. We've booked our flights and hire car through canadianaffair.com - why don't you fly into Calgary and return home from Vancouver - I'm sure CanadianAffair do a free "drop-off" in terms of your hire car, ie pick up Calgary, drop-off Vancouver. You could then drive from Calgary to Banff, across the Icefields Parkway to Jasper then down to Vancouver. If it's your first time to Western Canada then the Rockies are an absolute must-see and the Icefields Parkway is meant to be one of the most scenic routes in the whole of Canada.

5. Re: Vancouver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 05:17