We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capilano Suspension Bridge

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia...
4 posts
Save Topic
Capilano Suspension Bridge

We are staying in downtown Vancouver and we want to go to the bridge.I want to know if this is a whole day trip and should we drive there?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

Welcome to the forum, Mona ~

No, it is more like a half day trip. About 45 minutes by public transit there and back to the city. About 2 hours on the grounds. Nothing stopping you from driving, although you don't need a rental at all here.

Have a look in the Top Questions to the right for info about how to get there. In the SIGHTS section.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

No, you don't need to take out a whole day for this. I would say that a couple of hours or a bit more is plenty. There is the bridge, the cliffwalk, the treetops adventure and the nature trail. You can drive or you can take public transit, it's too far to walk from downtown. If you drive you and you are early enough (before 10am) there might still be free street parking, otherwise you will have to park in the parking lot which is pay parking. When driving you can also visit Capilano River Regional Park and the Cleveland Dam with Capilano Lake. This is also doable by seabus and bus. The easiest way to get to Capilano Suspension Bridge with public transit is the following way: take the seabus at the Waterfront Station in downtown Vancouver, it leaves every 15 minutes. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get across and once you get across the water make your way to Bay 8 at Lonsdale Quay and take bus 236 (Grouse Mountain). Ask the bus driver to stop at Capilano Suspension Bridge. This trip takes about 30 minutes if you catch the seabus and bus 236 nicely on time.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Ann

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,823 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

Or take the free shuttle: www.capbridge.com/visit/shuttle-service/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
944 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

I agree take the free shuttle. We really enjoyed the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the rainforest and sky walk. I don't know what hotel you are staying at, but the shuttle stopped right outside our hotel. Maybe they stop at your hotel too. Have fun and enjoy Vancouver and the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 01:45
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
944 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

Oops! should have said "cliff walk" instead of "sky walk" in my above post.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
171 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

A Good combination is to visit Grouse Mountain in the morning and Capilano in the afternoon. When I went, I took the shuttle to Grouse Mountain; then I took the shuttle to Capilano (it does a courtesy stop there but it won't pick up from there). Afterwards, I took public transit back, but I had a day pass so the bus, seabus, and skytrain were covered. Your receipt from Grouse Mountain can be use as a discount coupon for Capilano. Just make sure you eat at Grouse Mountain because it is far more reasonable for food prices than Capilano.

Oswego, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

Hmmnn ... i'm surprised that no one mentioned Lynn Canyon instead?

It's free.

Cap susp. is interesting and I suppose it's good for the whole touristy thing (lol) ... but if you're on a strict budget then Lynn Canyon suspension bridge is *free* and impressive, free parking, lots of trails and beautiful scenery, sun yourself on the river rocks while watching stupid people jumping off the cliffs and risking drowning in the process. You're wallet will thank you.

Now, that's entertainment!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

When I was out west a few years back I visited Capilano and had seen and done everything in about 2 hours. After that we went to Cypress Mountain and did a little hiking.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

I'm not surprised, the OP is not asking about what to see and where to go, he is asking expressly about Cap Bridge and wanting to go there. Maybe he will ask now though.

Atlanta, Georgia...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Capilano Suspension Bridge

thank you