We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mtn Biking in N Vcr or Whistler? Itinerary help ...

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Mtn Biking in N Vcr or Whistler? Itinerary help ...

I have done a lot of research on the board, so first, thank you for all the great information!

We (me, hubby, 2 boys ages 6 and 9) arrive in Vancouver on Sunday 7/28 around lunch and will take the Amtrak to Seattle on 7/31 - so about 3 days in Vancouver. Top priorities are exploring downtown area and a trip to North Vancouver for Grouse Mountain and one of the suspension bridges.

My husband would like to do some mountain biking while we are there, but will need to rent a full suspension bike. I have heard there is good biking in Northern Vancouver. Any recommendations? What should the kids and I do nearby while he is biking?

When we visit Grouse, I would like to do the grind but my kids won't be able to do it. I assume I can just meet them at the top?

I prefer not to rent a car and take public transport, if that factors in to any of this as well. Although we might consider renting a car for a day trip to Whistler and hubby could bike there? We are definitely open to that if that makes more sense.

So, day 1 (28) - downtown (Stanley Park, seawall, etc)

day 2 (29) - whistler? or?

day 3 (30) - northern vancouver

(31) - depart

Thanks for the advice

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mtn Biking in N Vcr or Whistler? Itinerary help ...

Your family can ride the Gondola up to grouse while you walk the grind. there is a ton of things to do on Grouse..family oriented so they can easily fill their time while you hike up. have them take a change of clothes for you so you can spend more time on Grouse after your hike. BTW it's not terribly scenic to do the grind.. more of a fitness challenge.

I'd do the biking in Whistler...rent a car for the day and do a day trip. Check Top Questions on getting out of town for all the various stops on the way to and from Whistler.

You and the boys may be able to go rafting ( not sure if 6 year old will make height weight.. you'd need to check) or go and do the Peak to Peak ride..if the 6 year old is 75 lbs then you could go ziplining..again simply tons of things for families in Whistler.

Gibsons, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mtn Biking in N Vcr or Whistler? Itinerary help ...

If you want to get off the beaten path, consider the Sunshine Coast for your daytrip & mountain bike ride. A quick 40 minute ferry cruise from West Vancouver to top quality mountain bike trails...just used for BC Bike Race. The kids will love the outdoor upper ferry deck & the views of North America's southern-most fjord are amazing. You can rent a bike from Off the Edge Adventure http://www.offtheedge.org/.

You don't have to bring the car...transit will get you around. You and the kids can enjoy an easy hike or spend the day playing at the beach while dad rides.

www.sunshinecoastcanada.com

3. Re: Mtn Biking in N Vcr or Whistler? Itinerary help ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:17