We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

Somerville, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

Is there a way to get to Museum of Anthropology from Culinary Institue other than by car or walking? How long would walk be from Culinary Institue? How bad would traffic/parking be for these 2 places on a weekday? Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,245 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

If you are talking about the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts just outside Granville Island, you would need to take the bus or a cab. Or drive.

On 4th avenue at Fir St, take either the #84 or the #44 bus westbound for about 35 minutes to the UBC Bus Loop. From there you can walk the km to the MoA or transfer to the community bus to ride there. IIRC, it's the C20 bus, but you'll have to check that.

Granville Island area is not particularly easy for parking but the MoA is fine.

Edited: 18 July 2013, 18:16
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

Note that the #44 does not stop @ Fir St but on Burrard @ 3rd Ave.

The #4 to UBC stops @ Fir St as well-it's donkey express.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

Another public transportation option - Catch the #50 ("South False Creek") bus on West 2nd and Anderson (walk to the entrance/exit for Granville Island, cross the street and the bus stop is on your right). Get off the bus at the stop for the Canada Line Station. (It will be announced.) Cross 6th Avenue, and the bus stop for the #84 express (to UBC) will be right in front of the Canada Line Station.

Edited: 18 July 2013, 22:50
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

Addendum - Sorry if my directions out of Granville Island cause any confusion. I have just realized that my previous post contemplates the entrance/exit for Granville Island to be at the corner of West 2nd and Anderson (and therefore the Culinary Institute being part of Granville Island - contrary to post 1). Just walk back to where all the traffic is coming in at the corner. (I'm not really sure where Granville Island actually starts and nothing really turns on it. If you decide to adopt this third option, however I don't want you walking out of the Culinary Institute in the wrong direction.)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,245 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

I wonder if the OP is talking about the The International Culinary School near Pacific Centre on Granville?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

OP's other post refers to Bistro 101, which appears to be the restaurant at the GI Culinary Institute -

http://www.bistro101.com/

However, perhaps they'll come on again and clarify it for us. However, from that other post, it appears that, due to mobility problems, public transportation may not be the preferred option.

Edited: 19 July 2013, 01:14
7. Re: Museum of Anthropology by water taxi/ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 06:19