We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grouse Mountain - Early November!

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Grouse Mountain - Early November!

Hi All,

I've been trawling through posts on here in search of a thread regarding Grouse Mountain in early November but I'm not having much luck.. so I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me!

A friend and I are traveling to Vancouver in early November this year and we were wondering what activities there are to do in Grouse Mountain during the time that we're there. As we're there early November (30th of October until the 7th of November) we're not 100% sure if we'll be able to go skiing or what exactly will be open.

Does anyone have any information regarding what we would be able to do outdoor activity-wise we could do during this time?

Any help/advice is much appreciated, thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,151 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grouse Mountain - Early November!

Hi samlaking and welcome to the forums ~

Grouse Mountain will finish its brisk summer activities at the end of August, with weekends only in September. There very likely won't be enough snow until December. Although if we get a really cold wet fall, that will make snow at the top of Grouse. Nobody knows. So what you will get is a bare mountain with some hikes to do like the theatre, the Bistro, the restaurant, the gift shop and the Theatre in the Sky. It will be about 5C cooler up there.

Here is what the mountain looks like, it's quite small at the top with the runs dropping well down the mountain from there. Many of the button attractions will finish at the end of August.

http://www.grousemountain.com/mountain-map

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grouse Mountain - Early November!

So is it only open at weekends after August? Does the wildlife refuge open?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,151 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grouse Mountain - Early November!

I phoned the mountain and they told me that the shows stop mid Sept, the DIY pole climbing and axe throwing activities go daily to the end of August, then weekends only for Sept at which point they stop.

She also said that events up top are very weather dependent come September, but they tend to use Thangsgiving weekend (2nd Monday in October) as a general closing date. The wildlife refuge is there all year. You can view the grizzlies until they go into hibernation. Last year the ski season started at the end of November. This means they had enough of a base of snow to go with skiing. The free shuttle schedule has no actual finish date either. Around here the mountain can get snow early or late and weather is the ultimate determiner of when the end of the summer season will be.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grouse Mountain - Early November!

Be aware that November is the start of our storm season. Rain and wind. September and most of October can be quite pleasant. You might be lucky and have decent weather in the first week of Nov.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grouse Mountain - Early November!

There won't be enough snow on Grouse that early. Grouse normally opens first week of December and if there lucky like last year one week early. Whistler won't be open yet either. They normally open the same week as American Thanksgiving which is mid to late November.

6. Re: Grouse Mountain - Early November!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:17