We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
316 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

Can someone suggest how can I visit the Boeing Factory from Vancouver. Any days tours available?? I don't mind spending the whole day in Seattle but I must return to Vancouver for night stay.

My hotel accomodation will be in Vancouver only.

Date is Oct 11 or 12

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

Any chance that you will be able to drive?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

The factory tour is in fact in Everett, about 20 miles north of Seattle and down I-5 from Vancouver.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,247 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

It will take you about 2.5 hours to drive from downtown Vancouver to the Everett plant plus any border wait times. You can easily do this as a daytrip however you will need to have a rental vehicle.

Factory tour info at www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/tours/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,635 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

buccaneer Dave is correct, but doesn't allow for the additional delays that can be the result of crossing on a non-US or Canadian passport. Danish friends of mine were held up at the border for 4 hours. I don't think this is typical, but you need to allow for it. Provided you get going early in the morning (get to the border well ahead of the rush so that the customs agents are not to busy and can process you quickly), you should have plenty of time to do this trip. It will be exhausting though.

If renting a car is not an option for you, try posting on the Seattle forum about this. You may have to use a service like Quick Shuttle or Bolt Bus to get to Seattle and then pick up a tour from there.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,123 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

Look at this thread, post #2, by davidgmg who is an expert on tours,for tour operators out of Seattle. You might be able to take Amtrak Cascades from Vancouver to Seattle then take one of the post #2 tours from there. I have no idea if this idea would work, you could post on the Seattle Forum to check. It certainly might work if the Seattle tour companies have a 1:00 departure lasting ~4 hours.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60878-i74-k603372…

The Amtrak Cascades leaves Vancouver at 6:40 am and arrives in Seattle at 11:05. Then it departs Seattle at 6:50 p.m. and arrives at Vancouver at 10:50.

If you don't drive, this may be an option for you.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
106 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

Driving is really only the practical day trip option. The tour itself is 2 hours If i remember correctly. The Everett plant is off on its own a bit. Hotels and motels are cheap in Everett FYI. There are plenty of scenic side trips and Downtown Bellingham is quite a nice place to stop for dinner on the way back. Chuckanut (sp?) Drive into Bellingham is pretty cool.

The tour itself was awesome BTW!!!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

You really need to rent a car to get there, it's not very practical otherwise. You also need the car to store your stuff as they don't allow cameras/back packs inside. If you go on the 11th, you will see the plant in action however it will be noisy.

If you go on the 12th, there will be a few people working, however it will be very quiet. You will be better able to hear the tour guide.

The tour is awesome but the museum of flight is nothing special.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
316 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

Thanks for those suggestions.

I may not want to drive as never use to left hand driving plus the roads will be confusing in the city.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,635 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

You aren't going to be in the city.

Rent your car to the south of Vancouver, somewhere in Richmond perhaps, near the end of the skytrain line, and then you are down the freeway all the way to Everett. You don't go into Seattle at all.

10. Re: Vancouver to Seattle Boeing Factory tour.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 05:17