We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak Vancouver to Seattle

Washington DC
Level Contributor
222 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Amtrak Vancouver to Seattle

We are cruising in May from Hawaii to Vancouver. We want to get to Seattle to fly home (less air fare). I have read about taking Amtrak but the earliest is 5:45pm so we are thinking of taking one of their buses.

I have two bad knees and generally do not do well sitting on a bus for 4 hours. I am trying to find out if the bus seats are cramped.

If we decide to take the 5:45pm train is there someplace we could leave our luggage?

Thank you

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amtrak Vancouver to Seattle

5:45pm is not so late when you have to go to the station an hour early for customs etc. Consider first class. Train is way better than any bus. You can leave your luggage at the cruise ship terminal. Contact http://www.prioritybaggage.ca/ for rates. Taxi from cruise terminal is 10 minutes and about $15.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amtrak Vancouver to Seattle

Thank you for the info. Seems plenty to do around Canada place while waiting for the train.

Etna, Ohio
Level Contributor
523 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amtrak Vancouver to Seattle

You can also leave your luggage at the train station. The cost was $3 or 4 per bag in 2012. We took a cab to the train station, left our luggage, then went to Granville Island until it was time to go back to the station and get our luggage.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 04:16
4. Re: Amtrak Vancouver to Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:37