We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

Am planning a trip through the Canadian Rockies by Coach as trains are way too expensive for my budget...has anyone travelled with Keywest Tours? I am from Australia and they do not have an Travel Agent here in Australia that I can book with and need to purchase the tour online....

your suggestions/thoughts/comments would be appreciated if this is safe....

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,698 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

G'day Trish,

I cannot answer your question but if you could post a link to the trip you are considering there is at least one very knowledgeable person who posts on this forum who could assist. It would also assist if you advise when you are considering travelling.

Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

Here is their link that I think you are asking about :

http://www.keywesttravelandtours.com/

They have several different options so until you let us know which one exactly you are looking at it's hard to comment. Just browsing the site I'm getting the impression this tour is more suited to an older crowd.

There are other tours available that are more suited to a younger people and different interests. You also don't mention how long you have for this adventure & the time of the year that you would like to travel and what your budget is. Your idea of inexpensive might be totally different than mine.

So a few more details are in order.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,415 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

Hi Trish, welcome to the forum ~

If those are the tours you are looking at, and you are posting on the Vancouver Forum, then I expect you are looking at the Circle West option for 4 days/3 nights. And yes, the tours that involve the train use the expensive Rocky Mountaineer train.

Any 4 day tour to the Rockies is a whistle stop tour. I also notice that there are 4 optional (pay extra) activities, two of which are rather significant as attractions, and that standard hotels are offered, with pay extra options for better hotels. But I am glad this tour includes a book of the Canadian Rockies!!

What is the context of your visit here? I'm sure not for just these 4 days. Flying into/out of Vancouver? Make up/number of your party? There may be other Rockies travel options, depending on the overall context of your time here.

What about Moose Network? A variety of ages uses them, and it does look as though you are coming between May to September. http://www.moosenetwork.com

What about Brewster Tours? vacationscanada.travel/vacations-search.aspx…

What about a self drive?

I hope davidgmg will be along to comment, too.

Edited: 03 October 2013, 18:46
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,080 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

they are perhaps the quickest Rockies tour available. The tour is fine but you spend a ton of time on the bus and very little actually sightseeing. Its a tour designed for people with a very limited amt of time.

Better choices would be Trafalgar, Globus, collette or many many others. Unless your looking for a super quick round trip from Vancouver there are better choices

there is a review of Key west if you search this forum

5. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 19:35
California
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

Our family traveled with Key West tours last year and we had a great time. We were also on a budget and decided to go with them based on their price. We did the Western Trails from Vancouver to Calgary. Yes it is a lot of time on the bus the first day from Vancouver to Jasper, but there were stops along the way and the scenery was nice. It was a good way to see a lot of the Canadian Rockies in very little time - but it's how we like to travel - efficiently :) The tour takes you to all the main attractions for a photo stop and also allows time for a short hike / free time. E-mail and phone communication with them was quick and efficient, and the tour was well organized.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

Thx for your reply will contact them to arrange tour, it sounds exactly what we are after!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

Hello,

After reading your posts and looking online, I have found this tour tours4fun.com/canadian-rocky-mountain-5-day-… . I am looking at going in September. I just wondering if anyone has heard of this company before and If they are any good? We are only a limited time only have 5 days, We were going to rent a car, but these prices seem to good to give up.

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,698 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

G'day nizzicle. Do you speak Mandarin. If so it might suit you.

ripoffreport.com/r/Tours4Fun/internet/Tours4…

www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/tours4fun.html

www.yelp.com.au/biz/tours4fun-com-arcadia

(Edit) I forgot to add. Their itinerary that I previously looked at a while back was the worst I have ever seen.

Edited: 10 March 2014, 09:05
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Canadian Rockies Coach Tours

Oh wow, thank you very much. I think we my rent the car then :)