We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in May

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting in May

Hello. I'm thinking of visiting Vancouver in May. I like doing outdoor stuff such as hiking. Is May a good time to go?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in May

May can be wet with average temperatures in the mid 50s to 60s although we can also get pleasant stretches. Most people here enjoy the outdoors pretty much year round despite the rain so if you're prepared with appropriate rain-gear (jacket, boots, rain-pants), you should be fine for doing hiking. Trails may be muddy and those at higher elevations will still have snow.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,427 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in May

The blossoms will be out in May!

We celebrate Victoria Day during May, so there is a long weekend. It's the "traditional" start to summer and camping season, although it is usually wet camping!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,710 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting in May

As many of our most popular hikes are into the Alpine, this is too early for those trails, which will still be in the snow. If you are just thinking walks through our more urban parks, you'll be fine, but its still snowshoeing conditions at elevation.

los angeles
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting in May

I was planning on visiting Grouse Mountain and Capilano Bridge. Would I be able to visit both in May?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,823 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting in May

Yes, both are active in May.

los angeles
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting in May

Thanks Everyone!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting in May

Be sure to check the Grouse Mountain site for which activities are open in May, it's a bit of a transitional month up there. And also check the weather before you go if you want to see views from the mountain. http://www.grousemountain.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting in May

Grouse entertainment offerings go into full swing on Victoria Day long weekend, Victoria Day being 3rd Monday in May.

9. Re: Visiting in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:18