We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in vancouver

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Stay in vancouver

Hello I am travelling to Vancouver mid November and had a couple of questions I need answering, we are doing general sightseeing around Vancouver city and a day trip around the mountain area what would you recommend as the best clothing ? Also we would like to rent two bikes around the Stanley park area what would be the best company to use? Thanks for your help.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,809 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in vancouver

Clothing? Today I am in shorts and flip-flops. Mid-November only a few weeks from now, hmmm...same as what you would wear at home in mid-November. There are many bike rentals around the city. Google will keep you busy. A block from Stanley Park near the corner of Denman and Georgia is a cluster of bike rental companies side by each. You might save a buck elsewhere, but Denman and Georgia is the place for bike rental convenience.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in vancouver

I would check the weather forecast a couple of days before you leave, but chances are you would need to be dressed in a sweater, shoes and jeans at a minimum, hopefully it won't be raining, but it would be a possibility...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in vancouver

Despite the wonderfully dry October we have been having here, November is a different ball-game IMO. For your time in the city, plan for rain so good rain jacket, a fleece jacket and umbrella, also water-proof shoes/boots if you're planning on any hiking. If by the mountains, you mean Whistler, then you should also expect cooler temps and snow so have a warm jacket (or layers that can be added), hat, gloves, decent boots, depending upon what activities you plan on doing (e.g, will you just be driving or doing some outdoor activity?).

Can't recommend any specific bike rental places but I would check out yelp for reviews.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,474 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in vancouver

Temps will probably be close to 9-10C and 2-3C by mid November but the weather is quite changeable here generally. Today is sunny and brilliant but a couple of days ago we had fog in places that caused accidents. In November, Vancouver is known for 150 mm, plus or minus, of rain.

Have a look at Club 16 bike rentals, near Canada Place:

trevorlindenfitness.com/clubs/…

Or Spokes, at Georgia and Denman:

http://www.spokesbicyclerentals.com

5. Re: Stay in vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:19