We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver or Toronto?

Irving, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Vancouver or Toronto?

Not sure if I should go to Vancouver or Toronto towards the end of November? Any suggestions?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,445 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

Kinda like asking NYC or LA. Two very different places including weather. You'll have to have specific questions to get decent responses.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,167 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

Agreed. More info needed, like your interests, who you are travelling with and the amount of time you have....

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

I'll take a shot at it , if you like big urban cities with lots of nightlife then TO for sure but if you are into smaller cities with some nightlife but amazing scenery and acces to nature then Van for sure

Edited: 08 November 2013, 17:46
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
76 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

I'd fly into Buffalo, NY, rent a car, visit Niagara Falls, then do TO, drive back to Buffalo and fly home.

Vancouver could be clear and cold, but it's more likely to be foggy and raining and Vancouver is more about outdoor activities and scenery. Visit Vancouver July-Sept for best weather conditions or if you ski, then come January - March.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

Come to think of it they have Rob Ford and we don't so I 'll have to give the nod to TO

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,180 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

Yep.....believe it or not, Canadian cities that are separated by 2,500 miles do have some substantial differences......

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
76 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

True, when it comes to headline news, Toronto's mayor is popular for all the wrong reasons.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,445 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

I'd trade Moonbeam for him.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

Really, whats so wrong with pretty boy ?

10. Re: Vancouver or Toronto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 05:35