We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

Tickets for the game went on sale yesterday. For any tourists visiting this spring the National Hockey League will be presenting the Heritage Classic at BC Place on March 2 2014.

There will be 55,000 fans jammed into a football stadium to watch the hometown Vancouver Canucks play the Ottawa Senators. The stadium roof will be open weather permitting. The atmosphere should be great.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=39584

Vancouver Foodie Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours
Tour Guys Vancouver
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
SKY Helicopters Inc.
Helicopter Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Discover Canada Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

This is not what I consider a winter classic. The game should be played outdoors. Just my humble opinion.

I understand the "nuck fans are going to wear the "V" classic Millionaire jersey's/shirts/hats/ etc. So if you go and are a "nuck fan you might want to get a new shirt. The Senators are said to wear their classic "O" jersey.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,468 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

Agree with you bc...an open roof isn't outdoors.. and if it's raining then it's really not an outdoor classic!

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

right you are t47 - and what are the chances it'll be raining? Not pond hockey at all. Won't be my money going to the ticket booth.

I do like the Millionaire classic jersey's though.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

V is for victory

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

I think this game is more about putting 55,000 fans into BC place. And if the roof if open I think it will have the feel of an outdoor game. I've seen many games at the Skydome and when the roof is open you do have that outside feeling......unless BC Place's roof is different and doesn't open up as much. I do think any tourist in the area would get a kick out of going to this.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,310 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

They will probably get a kick, but they will never know the real thing. Agree with bc4, outside is the ticket. A good game of shinny is when the neighbour floods their backyard edge to edge, sets out the "benches" along the side and everyone goes to it, all of Jan and Feb. We just don't have that kind of Heritage cold temp or that kind of Heritage arena these days, although Nat Bailey Stadium would flood and freeze beautifully.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

I have six tickets for the Winter Classic so I am pumped for the end of the month....I agree with the assessment of BC Place going to feel like Rogers Centre at best with the roof open...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

The roofs are entirely different.

When the dome is open in Toronto, 100% of the field and 91% of seats are exposed (…mlb.com/tor/ballpark/reference/index.jsp…). When the BC Place roof is open, almost all of the field but none of the seats are exposed (bcplacestadium.com/index.php/retractable-roo…).

Edited: 06 December 2013, 23:09
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

So it will be even worse than I thought at BC Place....

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reminder - NHL 2014 Heritage Classic tickets

Thank you Matt for the info on B.C. place. I guess with its roof open BC Place more or less resembles Montreal's Olympic Stadium...or as it's affectionately known, "The World's BIggest Toilet Bowl".

Roof open or not, it will still be NHL hockey in front of 55,000 fans and should be a good time had by all. By the way, mufti, this game is the real thing...it's the NHL's Vancouver Canucks playing the NHL's Ottawa Senators in a regular season NHL game. It's real, really.