We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

My husband and I arrive in Vancouver 18th May. Itinerary- Our cruise departs the 27th May to Alaska. We are spending 9 days in Alaska, fly to Calgary and drive back to Vancouver. (Banff, Jasper etc) Fly home nearly 6 weeks. We would like to visit Seattle, Victoria. On another post it was mentioned about Clipper Vacations. How many nights should we spend in each city? Any suggestions much appreciated. We are 52 and 62.

Thanks

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,916 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

If your cruise departs the date you state then your would be on Pacific Princess which is a seven day round trip cruise, not nine days.

For the Rockies consider something along the lines of four nights Banff and three nights Jasper, I will leave the rest to others with better knowledge.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,091 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

The OP is getting advice on another thread to cruise at a later date. A good thing, as the last of the ice and snow will be gone from the Rockies segment of their trip by first week of June.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,599 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

A week to tour Vancouver-Seattle-Victoria is a good length of time. If you choose to do the trip without a car, its very convenient, and all three cities are good without a car for a couple of days. You can take Amtrak between Vancouver and Seattle, the Clipper between Seattle and Victoria, and Pacific Coach Lines between Victoria and Vancouver. Flights for all three legs is also an option if you want to get there more quickly, although the journey is part of the appeal, IMO.

With 7 days, I'd look at something like 3 Vancouver, 2 Seattle, 2 Victoria, although if you are returning to Vancouver later in the trip, you could spend an extra day in either of the other two.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

MuftiMixandmatch, don't you mean "not gone"?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,091 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

No, the last of the snow in the trails and iced up lakes will be done by June 6-7-8 or so.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

Thank you for your information.

Frommy you need to re- read the post. Leave on a 7 day cruise on the Norwegian Sun and STAYING 9 days touring in Alaska. Not on a cruise ship.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,091 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

I was a bit confused by your cruise info too. No indication it was a one way. They are usually 7 day returns. Anyway the Norwegian Sun departs Vancouver on Monday May 26th at 4 pm.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

I like the 3-2-2 suggestion by Vancouverite67...

Edited: 07 January 2014, 21:43
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,916 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

"Frommy you need to re- read the post. Leave on a 7 day cruise on the Norwegian Sun"

Mufti is correct. You provided the incorrect date of sailing so no apologies from me. Only sailings on the 27th are for round trip cruises.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 00:24
10. Re: Aussie's 8 days pre- cruise. How many nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 05:21