We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel for Us -- Pan Pacific or L'Heritage?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel for Us -- Pan Pacific or L'Heritage?

We have 2 days prior to an Alaskan cruise at the beginning of September. I've narrowed our hotel search down to these 2. L'Hermitage sounds like the kind nice boutique hotel that appeals to us - quiet, in a good neighborhood with great restaurant choices. On the other hand, the views at Pan Pacific are certainly impressive. We can book a suite at L'Hermitage for about the same price as a regular room at the Pan Pac. We do want to see some of the city, but I'm limited to walking 2-3 blocks at a time. Cabbing it is OK, but was hoping for things close by. What would you experts recommend for a couple in their 60's with 1 and 1/2 bad knees?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,712 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel for Us -- Pan Pacific or L'Heritage?

Neither will tax your knees. Both are on flat terrain. I suppose a reg room at the PP is not guaranteed overlooking the harbour. It certainly is a top hotel with huge wow factor. It is above the cruise terminal and close to the restaurants of Gastown and the pubs and restaurants surrounding the Convention Centre. It has the most scenic breakfast in the city ($$$). It is on the Seawall that circles Stanley Park and beyond. Smaller L'Hermitage is much newer, has a good restaurant downstairs, a good pub across the street but...it isn't quite in the same league. Throw in closeness to the Canada Line to/from the airport and I'd take PP for a similar price...especially if you can angle for a waterfront room.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel for Us -- Pan Pacific or L'Heritage?

second Alegre's advice for the PP.

3. Re: Which Hotel for Us -- Pan Pacific or L'Heritage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 07:31