We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver 4 nights Rental car or not?

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver 4 nights Rental car or not?

Hi

We are travelling to Vancouver in July. We arrive on a Sunday afternoon and Depart on Thursday afternoon both times from YVR.

Whilst in Vancouver we want to visit Lynn Canyon, a baseball match, Stanley Park and Grouse Mountain.

There are 5 of us, 2 grown up kids and our 12 year old.

Do you think it will be easier and possibly cheaper to hire a car or should we be fine using public transport?

We also do not know whether we are best to stay Downtown or on the North Shore.

Thanks for any tips and anywhere else you would say to visit, prefer outdoor activities on the whole.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,238 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver 4 nights Rental car or not?

I'm going to send you to this trip report done by folks who stayed on the North shore at the Pinnacle Hotel last year. I think it might be a perfect fit for you. You could take the sea bus for a city visit and then rent a car for your other 3 days.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154943-i81-k69313…

Normally I'd say no car for Vancouver but with 5 people and your interest in north shore outdoors I think a car would be a good fit..for at least 2 of your 4 days.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,561 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver 4 nights Rental car or not?

Yes, the more people you have, the more a rental car makes sense. I would probably choose accommodations outside of the downtown core that offers free parking.

3. Re: Vancouver 4 nights Rental car or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:27