We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

We arrive Cruise ship at Canada Place at 7.30 am on 2 July 2014. Do ferry transfer or any transport pick up from Canada place to travel to Vancouver Island for 3 day stay?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

See reply on your other question. Short answer is No.

Edited: 10 March 2014, 23:13
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,932 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

If you travel light, check out Harbour Air (and luggage restrictions) which is very close to the cruise terminal and is float plane service to Victoria. Helijet is another option.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

Thanks for the straight answer. Any suggestions or ideas on quickest way to get from Canada Place to Vancouver Island. Would like to take the ferry

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

With car or no car? Also where on Vancouver Island? There are two ferry docks, both out of downtown, depending on your destination.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,932 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

Are you staying in Victoria? If so take a $15 taxi to Pacific Coast Lines. Their website has the details.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

No car. Probably stay in Victoria as a base

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

Then PCL from Pacific Station. Bus goes right on the ferry. You go up deck for the trip. Back on bus into Victoria. Each ferry terminal is apron 45 minutes or longer from each city.

http://www.pacificcoach.com

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

Sorry guys, you can reserve tix on Pacific Coach from Canada Place to Victoria. First of all your ship will arrive at 7:30 but you will not be off it until an hour or two later. Pax disembark in priority order, after they fill out a form on board when approaching Vancouver stating their onward travel plans. Catching a 2 pm plane, for example gets priority. Then you go through Canadian Customs. One ship in port creates a mob, but when 3-4 ships are arriving, well it gets crazy busy. Well, it looks like a HAL and a Princess ship are arriving on your day, so busy enough.

So, back to PCL. The coach picks you up at Canada Place. You must reserve your tix. Now, you will catch the 1 ferry and get into Victoria by about 3h20. Because of this 11 am pick up, I am fairly certain the coach swings over to Pacific Central Station for their regular passengers on their regular departure time from there, which is something like 11h40. So I believe you don't go directly to the ferry. I phoned them once and they told me that they do a sweep of hotels before their regular PCS departures, so I assume it's the same for the cruise ship. In fact the cruise ship may be just one of the "hotels" on the sweep they do. No matter, it's comfortable, professional and convenient. Here's the link about this service:

pacificcoach.com/Travel-with-PCL/Vancouver-C…

Then Rustproof provides the ferry info, although you would have to take your own aprons. :-)

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

thanks for finding that because I looked all over the PCL website and it certainly didn't pop up at me!!! nice to know they will do this.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canada Place pick up for ferry to Vancouver Islane

Apron LOL. Oh my. I blame the scourge of the 21st century, auto - correct. Apron = Aprox

Good to know about Canada Place pick up though.