We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska inside passage cruise, stand-by special rate?

queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska inside passage cruise, stand-by special rate?

I will be in Vancouver for a month from end of May and hoping to get a last minute special price for an Alaska inside passage tour while we are there. We are flexible with dates and can go direct to port to arrange. Is this possible to do while we are in Vancouver?

Vancouver Foodie Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Tour Guys Vancouver
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
SKY Helicopters Inc.
Helicopter Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Discover Canada Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,072 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska inside passage cruise, stand-by special rate?

To the best of my knowledge these do not exist. You could post this same question on the hidden TA Cruises forum that I provided a link to on your thread on the Alaska forum, or have a look at Cruise Critic.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska inside passage cruise, stand-by special rate?

Frommy is the wiz here on this stuff.

cruisecritic.com would be where I would look.

Also Expedia Cruise Ship Centres are based in Vancouver and have numerous retail offices around the city. Find a helpful Agent at ine of those.....

Good luck.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,998 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska inside passage cruise, stand-by special rate?

Watch this website as your travel dates approach. If there's a good deal going, she'll have it.

http://www.travelbestbets.com/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaska inside passage cruise, stand-by special rate?

I'd also look at contacting the cruise lines directly, the day of or the day before sailing...

5. Re: Alaska inside passage cruise, stand-by special rate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:17