We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Randwick, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
car rental

Has any one used Ritz Rent a Car and Truck in Robson street vancover... to hire a car. I stumbled across them when looking for car hire.

Jane

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

If you are staying in Vancouver....you don't need a rental car.

If you are travelling outside of the city....use a major operator.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

+1 for using a major operator. Some of these "cheap" "good deal" places end up being a headache.

Enterprise, Avis, National, Hertz.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,798 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

+ 1 more.

Randwick, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

I am assuming that the plus one means that you agree with datthecoast's opinion and that I should

D look at those four companies listed.

Many thanks

australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

We are an Australian couple needing to rent a car from Vancouver having just finished an Alaskan cruise end of May. Our plan is to do a road trip around the Rockies. Has anyone used a car hire company that they could recommend please? Every time we look at any site or an individuals own site we get different prices!. Look forward to some help. Thankyou.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,798 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

Petal, are you considering a round trip drive from Vancouver (great if you have 12 days or so) or a one-way to Calgary?

The reason for asking is that a problem with one-way rentals is that there is a hefty drop-off fee, however this can be avoided by booking through an agent in the UK called Canadian Affair who can arrange the rental through one of several of the big rental companies free of drop-off fee.

For a round trip the advice provided in posts #1 & 2 above still holds good.

australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental

Thanks Frommy for your reply. We are doing a round trip and after searching the net we will contact Canadian Affair ( I found the uk phone no on a previous post). Thankyou again!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,798 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car rental

In which case it is not necessary to use Canadian Affair, who are a booking agent and, as I understand, may charge a booking fee which is not an issue when the saving made from no drop-off fee is taken into account. As you are on a round trip there will be no drop-off fee so I would contact a company of your choice in Vancouver to get a price. That is what I do with Avis when I travel. You have to be a bit wary of using the Australian websites of the car hire companies because they often generate generic global responses, and different results can come from selecting the website in the country to be visited. For example Google Avis Canada to go to their website.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car rental

keep checking the big internatioinal ones as their rates change depending on demand. Also try the Air Canada site for rental cars, I have found their rates to be most favourable, and you do not need to be flying with them to rent. The other thing is if you have car problems enroute, the big international one will help you out very quickly as they are located in most towns, a small unknown would cause you to wait quite a while.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,340 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car rental

In Vancouver do not use Budget..all other big agencies are fine...Avis, Enterprise, Hertz,Thrifty...to name a few. Huge problems here with Budget franchise both in town and airport