We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage storage for day

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Topic
luggage storage for day

does anyone know anywhere to store luggage for an afternoon. Our flight is at 2030 and we have to leave accommodation at 1100 (no storage there)?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luggage storage for day

Where are you staying in the city?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,211 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luggage storage for day

If the hotel won't keep your luggage, the only place would be the airport left luggage. There is a Priority Baggage in each of Domestic and International. The airport is 30 min by Canada Line from downtown. Or see about a late checkout, maybe.

I swear this would become a booming business in the city, given the mentions on just TA.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
106 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luggage storage for day

Very odd that the hotel will not store the luggage. I honestly have never had a problem with leaving luggage less than 24 hours before check in or after check out at any hotels in North America. Hell, I have had hotels I am not staying at do it for me for a small tip to the concierge/valet.

I would stay in a different hotel where you can leave your luggage so you can go about enjoying your last day in the city. Alternatively, call the front desk at nearby hotels to ask if they would be willing to do it for a small fee.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,042 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luggage storage for day

Priority baggage provides a storage service at the cruise ship terminal at Canada Place.

http://www.prioritybaggage.ca/contact.html

However, I am also very surprised that you are not able to leave your luggage at the hotel.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: luggage storage for day

maybe OP is using airbnb or a rental apartment that has to be cleared for next renter...

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,211 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: luggage storage for day

Is the cruise ship storage not reserved for cruise ship pax? Happy to be wrong.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,042 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: luggage storage for day

Their website doesn't specify.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,211 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: luggage storage for day

I was able to call them and they say "just cruise pax." Too bad. Someone needs to start a business. Oh, not me. But there is a business to be had here.

9. Re: luggage storage for day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:16