We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vancouver bc

Justice, Illinois
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
vancouver bc

Post cruise for 2 days in vancouver. need a hotel and fun things to do for 2 day.

there are 8 of us

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,097 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: vancouver bc

Canada Place is at the foot of Howe St. Then west of there is the new Convention Centre. Then the cauldron, which is at the foot of Thurlow St. 3 blocks west of CP.

To the OP, I can't tell you how uninspired your question is and how uninterested you are in getting advice.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,025 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: vancouver bc

Poster #10...if you ever visit Vancouver....you'll find Canada Place is the single pier at 999 Canada Place. Often referred to as the "Five Sails."

The Olympic cauldron is to the west at Jack Poole Plaza.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,025 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: vancouver bc

Well said, Mufti.....

If the OP is actually interested in getting some input.....maybe they will put some thought into a question.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: vancouver bc

Canada Place is the name of the street that abuts Jack Poole Plaza. Locals, such as myself, put Canada Place at the Pan Pacific Hotel, since that is what the street is named after. It existed since 1986, many years before Jack Poole Plaza. Hence the confusion.

If a tourist were to ask where Canada Place is, they would be directed near the cauldron, but wouldn't be actually at it. They would be guided toward the pier on which the first phase of the convention centre was built, and the Pan Pacific Hotel.

If I was asked, I would say, " go to Canada Place and head west, past the new addition to the convention centre, until you see a plaza. One minute walk".

Edited: 04 May 2014, 08:06
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,025 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: vancouver bc

It's 3 blocks.....I can't walk that in a minute.

But I am old as dirt. :-)

Edited: 04 May 2014, 08:29
16. Re: vancouver bc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 17:35
17. Re: vancouver bc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:17