We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get from here to there without taxi

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
132 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to get from here to there without taxi

733 Beatty St (YWCA Hotel) to Canada Place (cruise ships). I tried the trip planner for Vancouver transit, but it appears like I can't get there easily via skytrain. I thought I could walk to the Chinatown Station (not sure how far that would be) and then get to the Waterfront Station & walk to Canada Place, or would it be easier to walk - I found it would take 23 minutes I believe to walk. Any help would be appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,040 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to get from here to there without taxi

I'm finding that Google maps is the most useful transit planner now. Here's the map, one option using Skytrain and the other via Canada Line.

https://goo.gl/maps/XIwhl

Looks like the Stadium/Chinatown station is the one they are recommending.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 00:01
Illinois
Level Contributor
132 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to get from here to there without taxi

Thank you that helps...The Google info is much easier to follow!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to get from here to there without taxi

Stadium/Chinatown station is just down the street from the YWCA. 5 minute train ride from Stadium to Waterfront plus 5 minute walk to Canada Place.

You can walk from YWCA to Canada Place if your luggage isn't heavy and it's not raining. Should be around 15-20 minutes.

4. Re: Trying to get from here to there without taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 06:16