We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving up west coast and ending in Vancouver

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
driving up west coast and ending in Vancouver

Does anyone have a suggested itinerary for a trip that starts in ca and ends in Vancouver? A friend and I want to drive up the west coast starting in ca and then I'm taking an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver. The west coast drive would probably be 2 weeks.. I'm such an east coaster! From my very early research it appears that the drive from ca to Vancouver isn't as long as I thought. I think we'd start in San Diego.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving up west coast and ending in Vancouver

Also with a stop in seattle

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving up west coast and ending in Vancouver

You might also post over on road trip forums. What sort of things are you interested in seeing/doing?

Do you want to spend any time in LA? San Francisco? Napa valley wine country? Portland? all are worth a visit? Do you have Vancouver time in that 2 weeks?

You'll get more suggestions with a bit more information

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,357 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving up west coast and ending in Vancouver

Hi juliette ~

90% of this road trip will take place in the US. What you might do as well as post here is to ask this question on the WA State Forum and the Road Trips Forum. On that forum in first position of topics is a Trip Report Collection. Reading through for the ones that suit your trip would be very useful. Here is the link.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Your question is very general. You would get better advice if you did some research and came up with a provisional itinerary. You will have some idea of what you want to do and places you want to visit. Do you have some interests that you could mention? You haven't shared any of those things in your post. You need to a bit of homework really and provide more details to get advice to suit you.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving up west coast and ending in Vancouver

Where in "ca" are you starting?

The drive will be at least 24 hours if you drive flat out on the boring I-5 Interstate from LA to the Canadian border.

Your question is too vague to answer...

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,784 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving up west coast and ending in Vancouver

Hi juliette531;

It would be helpful to know if you are travelling in your friend's car or renting and if this is a one-way or round trip.

Best Regards

6. Re: driving up west coast and ending in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16