We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

Returning from Celebrity cruise and staying after at Residence Inn on Hornsby street. Is it walkable from cruise port or what is best way to get from cruise ship to hotel?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,747 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

Hi Carole ~

With luggage a taxi would be best. About $10-12, I would think.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,747 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

I will just add, it would be a 1.5 km walk from the pier.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

If your not one of the first off the ship, you may find the line for taxi's extremely long. Go past the line, past all the buses and walk up to the street level and get one in front of the Pan Pacific Hotel or across at the Fairmont.

Bakersfield, CA
Destination Expert
for Bakersfield
Level Contributor
181 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

We had too much luggage and two kids so we opted for a taxi. We stayed at the Residence Inn, the cost was about $10. The line for cars went fairly quickly, but for a van we waited about 45 min. Wish I would've read yvr1's advice before the trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,747 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

Dotfurio ~

I think you would have waited quite a while for a van taxi from across the street too.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

Have sent many on cruises and have always suggested to go up to street level, none have ever had to wait more the 10 or 15 minutes, better than waiting an hour or two down at the taxi ranks down in the terminal.

Edited: 14 June 2014, 20:04
7. Re: celebrity cruise to Residence inn downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:16