We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air transat flights

bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
air transat flights

hi i just wondered if anyone has travelled to canada with air transat? i am trying to sort out flights for august me and my mum and wondered what everyone tought of it? do you have to pay any extra for anything? and what was the overall service and flight like? they are way cheaper than anyone else so just wondered if there was a reason or catch for this!!

thanx for any help

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air transat flights

OUr experience with them is like with many charter airlines. Particularly if you are above average sized, the seating will be sardine like and leg room will be minimal. You will be herded through check in. We have had good crews and surly crews. However, as you say, the price is right.

I haven't tried it but they do have a feature with bigger seats and leg room that may be worth the extra money.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,091 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air transat flights

You might either post or search on the Air Travel Forum as well. In the search field just above the topics that says "Search Air Travel Forum" enter the name. You will get dozens of results, look for the most recent dates. Here is the link to the ATF:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

As well www.airlinequality.com will show you reviews of them (and all airlines and airports), so open that link too.

scotland
Level Contributor
56 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air transat flights

we used them last sept and had no problems,,if you pay cheap .you get what you pay for...our flights were fine and were on time

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air transat flights

Have you looked at the Air Transat web site? You should be able to see all charges not included in the airfare. Seat assignments, baggage charge etc. The club seats are pretty nice, hard to come by during the summer months

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
213 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air transat flights

It's been a few years and I've only ever had Air Transat on charters to Mexico, but I thought they were ok. It's a discount flight, so don't expect much in terms of food or amenities (our flights had the movies playing on tvs suspended every half dozen rows or so. The crew was find and the seating was, as mentioned above, somewhat snug. I'd fly them again if the price was right.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
483 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: air transat flights

Many people in the UK use a firm called Canadian Affair to book flights to Canada, and they are well thought of, though mostly because they offer free one-way drop-offs on car hire if you want to fly into one place and fly back from another. Canadian Affair flights used to be supplied by Thomas Cook, but the last time I went with them the flight was with Air Transat (which I think is a large Canadian charter airline). Try looking at the Canadian Affair website and see how they compare, particularly if the car hire thing is of interest.

But I don't think you need to worry about them at all.

7. Re: air transat flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:16