We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept 24 to 26 -POI

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sept 24 to 26 -POI

Hi.

Arriving 10am on Wednesday 09/24. Leaving Friday 10:30pm on 09/26. Trying to squeeze in the following points of interest. But don't know which one should be done first and in their best order in terms if transportation and location.

We would rent a car for 1 day and taking public transit for the rest to avoid parking fees.

Hotel not booked yet, most likely in the coal harbour or downtown area.

1. Drive on sea to sky highway. Take the sea to sky gondola and take pictures at the chief lookout platform.

2. Bike along sea wall and Stanlry park. Trying to take pics underneath the lions gate bridge, false creek Olympic flame and totem poles. ( how long would this take for a non-athletic??)

3. Capalino Suspension bridge (try to take advantage of the free shuttle at the Canada Place)

4. Neighborhood hopping... Gastown, yaletown for dinner and light shopping. (How much time do I need for these 2 towns?)

5. Visit daiso at Aberdeen centre (my co-worker told me this is a highlight since I love Jap dollar store items)

6. Robson street experience. Just to be there, window shop only...no intention to make big purchase.

7. Granville island for brunch and experience the little ferry ride.

8. A real seafood dinner since we are close to Pacific Ocean. Any suggestion that won't break our wallet with a nice ambience and food?

We are in out mid 30 and early 40. Torontonians.

Always sit in office and not used to walking a lot.

We do not like museum. I am fine with gardens but my husband is not a big fan.

We enjoy going to landmarks and points of interest only.

Any other suggestions???

I was thinking of going to Whisler but we may not have enough time. The peak to peak gondola stops running after Sept 21st on weekdays. So I don't know what else to do over there...

Thanks for reading and looking for some expert advises in this forum.

Mentioned in this post
Canada Place
Canada Place
2,098 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Robson Street
Robson Street
1,426 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Granville Island
Granville Island
15,600 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
22,991 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept 24 to 26 -POI

#6 - Don't waste your time on the Robson St. experience ... it is a run of the mill downtown street with all the same stores you can find in downtown Toronto, and most other Canadian city malls.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept 24 to 26 -POI

You're going to all the same places/doing all the same things everyone else does.

8-Maybe https://www.vancouverdine.com/sandbar although Sushi would be better always is.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,537 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept 24 to 26 -POI

You could combine:

1 and 3 for a day

2 and 7 + 4-Gastown for a day

5 in the morning and 4-Yaletown then 6 in the afternoon

You could even consider 5 (with your luggage though) on the afternoon/evening of the 26th as you head for the airport. Or go early to the airport, leave your luggage at Priority Baggage, head back to Abderdeen Centre to explore and have dinner, then back to the airport in time to check in and go through security. Takes about 8-10 min on Canada Line between YVR and Aberdeen Centre.

Mentioned in this post
Ontario
Ontario
Canada
Vancouver Intl Airport
Vancouver Intl Airport
Richmond, Canada
Aberdeen Centre
Aberdeen Centre
172 Reviews
Richmond, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
869 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept 24 to 26 -POI

Welcome to Vancouver.

Re 5: If the Daiso is your only reason for a visit to Richmond, you might want to consider a visit to the (International Village) Yokoyaya shop, and combine with your visit to Gastown. In the same shopping centre is a leather goods shop, wherein many of the items are made in Vancouver. Enjoy your visit!

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Richmond
Richmond
British Columbia, Canada
Gastown
Gastown
4,741 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept 24 to 26 -POI

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

6. Re: Sept 24 to 26 -POI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 06:15