We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elderly Dad with us in Vancouver in late December

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Elderly Dad with us in Vancouver in late December

We are coming from the UK o a wedding in Maple Ridge but staying downtown (Sutton Palace) for 3 nights from 28-31 Dec. We have one full day free for me, my wife and 80 year old Dad to do something. Any suggestions for something cultural or scenic to do with him would be great. He is reasonably mobile but might feel the chill. Can we get a harbour tour fin an enclosed boat rom nearby perhaps? Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elderly Dad with us in Vancouver in late December

Late December is just after the Carol Ships end their cruises, and I don't believe that the main harbour cruise company (www.boatcruises.com) offers anything between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Culturally, your best best is probably the Museum of Anthropology at the University of BC. If the weather's clear, the view from Grouse Mountain will be spectacular, as will the ride up/down the gondola.

For quick scenic ferry rides, the SeaBus, from downtown across to Lonsdale Quay, is very nice (and cheap!), and the False Creek Ferries also offer nice views of the south downtown (old Expo lands). You can also book a Gray Line city tour (www.graylinewest.com/vancouver).

2. Re: Elderly Dad with us in Vancouver in late December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 10:21