We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Companies

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
460 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Companies

I won't have a car while in Vancouver so I am considering using various tour companies to take side trips from Vancouver to Whistler and Victoria. The ones that I have heard of are Greyhound, West Coast City and Nature Signtseeing, Stay and Tour Canada, and Vancouver Tours. Has anyone every heard anything about any of these companies or know of a better company to consider?

Boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Companies

Hi Sabrina,

I just got back to the States from Vancouver and found the Greyhound tours to be very expensive. If you don't mind spending the extra cash for a tour, I think that's great. However, if you want to save a bit of money and do the exploring on your own, I suggest getting a rental car and that way you can spend as much time as you want exploring different places.

I don't know how good the tour operators are. It really depends on the guide on your route. I did take the Greyhound up to Butchart Gardens in Victoria and did not really enjoy the brief description and introduction to the downtown city core. However I am usually not interested in using tour companies.

Good luck!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,801 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Companies

try landsea tours. They are a smaller local company and they give very good tours.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Companies

Yes, absolutely! Try these guys: http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/

They offer some great tours in the area and people seem to really enjoy them. They offer city attractions tour, a sunset tour, seasonal themed tours, and carriage trade tours. The other neat thing about them is they are hop on/hop off tours so you can experience at your leisure.

Have a wonderful trip!

Seattle
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Companies

use landsea tours they have thier act together and have competitive prices