We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

telegraph cove

uk
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
telegraph cove

Can anybody give me any info on staying here,l seem to get mixed feed back on the condition of cabins and they are a long walk with your cases from the car ,and that being a working fishing port that there is a lot of noise early morning and smells that come with it being so.

thank you

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
902 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: telegraph cove

I looked at staying here, but knew my husband would hate it.

Have you looked at Hidden Cove Lodge? It has good reviews on TA.

It is a B&B apparently about 10 minutes north of Telegraph Cove. I have just reserved a room there for two nights in September when we go on a Grizzly & Salmon tour from Telegraph Cove. The trip operator will pick up at Hidden Cove Lodge's dock.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: telegraph cove

Telegraph Cove has some 'quaint' lodgings and we have stayed there in the past. There is a bit of a stroll from the parking area - but no big deal. What bothers me, actually, are the condos [or rental units] directly across from the cabins that ruin the ambience of the place for me.

We've stayed twice at Hidden Cove Lodge, and, as noted above, it is located just a few miles from Telegraph Cove. Both Tip Rip [grizzlies] and MacKay's [killer whales] stop there to pick up passengers on their tours. We've seen good numbers of deer and black bears near the Lodge.

Some people I know have had some "issues" with one of the Lodge owners , who they found a bit difficult to deal with. I personally have not had any concerns with her.

cheers

Jerry

Telegraph Cove
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: telegraph cove

Telegraph Cove Resort - The cabins can be either near or a couple of minutes from the parking. There is usually carts available for your luggage. If you do not see one, ask the friendly people in the office.

It is not so much a working fishing port, there are no commercial fishing boats that come in, but it is popular with sports fishermen. They generally go fishing early so there may be some sounds of their boats leaving.

The place smells of the sea! There are no offensive smells.

The cabins are all different. Do not expect a phone in the room. It is unlikely you will find a tv. They are beautifully maintained but may not be what you expect to see if you compare theme to the cookie cutter motel stlye.

You will be staying at the edge of the wilderness.

Other places nearby include

Hidden Cove - more upscale, great restaurant but you need to order dinner by mid afternoon.

Dockside 29 @ Telegraph Cove Marina. These are the condos that someone mentioned. The are very modern inside. Parking is at your door.

How long will you be in Telegraph Cove?

uk
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: telegraph cove

properly for five days

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: telegraph cove

<<but it is popular with sports fishermen. They generally go fishing early so there may be some sounds of their boats leaving.>>

One important caveat-sportsfishermen are generally a lugubrious saturnine and sottish lot-it's important to never ever approach them or make eye contact (!)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
902 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: telegraph cove

Dockside 29 looks very nice and prices seem reasonable. Google it and check it out.

7. Re: telegraph cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 10:19