We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel question Port Hardy

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
travel question Port Hardy

Will take BC ferry from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy. How do I get south from there. Perhaps to Courteny and take Malahat train to Victoria?

Is there are route by water from Prince Rupert to Vancouver? Seattle? Alaska Marine Highway?

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel question Port Hardy

Just to clarify, and read between the lines, I think you'll not have a car. If so, then you would need to get a bus to Courtenay and then hop on the train to Victoria. Contact: Island Coach Lines‎, 7210 Market Street, Port Hardy, BC V0N 2P0, (250) 949-7532‎

Train info at

viarail.ca/en/…schedules

No there is not a water route from Prince Rupert to Vancouver or Seattle.

From Victoria to Seattle there is the Victoria Clipper.

clippervacations.com/victoria/ferryschedule#…

Hope that helps.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel question Port Hardy

BucDave. Thanks. I thoughgt that was the case and you supplied the "how to" in detail. Great1

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,773 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel question Port Hardy

Do check the compatibility of the bus schedule and VIA Rail. When I was looking something up recently about these connections, I noticed the bus arrived at Courtenay after the one-a-day train to Victoria departed. But now I can't remember if it was Greyhound or another bus line.

4. Re: travel question Port Hardy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 06:31