We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do during an afternoon in Telegraph Cove area

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
462 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
What to do during an afternoon in Telegraph Cove area

I have a few questions. The first pertains to the day I arrive. My flight from Miami gets into YVR at 11:30 am. The flight to Port Hardy doesn't leave until around 2pm so I will get into port hardy late in the afternoon. What do people suggest I do since most tours will have already left?

I am spending a full day kayaking and am going on a bear watching tour another day. What do people usually do at night in telegraph cove/port mcneill?

My final question is the whale watch with stubbs island is only 3.5 hours. It gets done around 1:30. What should I do the rest of the day?

I was originally going to stay at knight inlet lodge, which sounds like it has tours planned constantly but they are booked one of the days so I am now staying at a different location for the trip.

Are there any day trips people suggest I do that I have not thought of?

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do during an afternoon in Telegraph Cove area

When are you going and where are you staying?

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
462 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do during an afternoon in Telegraph Cove area

I fly in from Miami on August 1st. Everyone suggested Hidden Cove Lodge as the place to stay however if you have suggestions I am open to ideas.

Edited: 27 June 2010, 22:35
Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do during an afternoon in Telegraph Cove area

Hidden Cove Lodge is convenient. One good day trip is to take the public ferry from Port McNeill to Alert Bay on Cormorant Island. The highlights here are viewing the totems at the local cemetary and visiting the U'Mista Cultural Centre which, among other things, has a wonderful collection of First Nations [aboriginal] Potlatch masks. Very highly recommended.

There are also nature /walking trails on the island, and we have seen killer whales on the ferry crossing.

cheers- Jerry

4. Re: What to do during an afternoon in Telegraph Cove area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 08:57