We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tofino - Long Beach Lodge

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tofino - Long Beach Lodge

I just booked 5 nights in Tofino. We are staying at the Long Beach Lodge. We have 2 boys- 8 years old.

Does anyone have any recommendations for day trips, things to do, places to eat Any information re: anything in Tofino and surrounding areas would be welcomed.

Also, can you swim at any of the beaches there?

Thanks!

Rachel

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
307 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tofino - Long Beach Lodge

I visited Tofino about two years ago, and had a wonderful time. A day trip to Hot Spring Cove was the highlight of the trip. It is a natural hot spring that is accessible by a boat ride followed by a 30 minute hike along a boardwalk (with lots and lots of stairs!) through the forest. The hot spring is very natural, just water on rocks, not like the swimming pools you get in other places.

There are at least a half dozen tour operators offering transportation to and from the cove. They also offer whale watching expeditions, but we managed to see both whales and sea lions on our tour as well.

A really nice place for a special meal is the Wickaninnish Inn. It is a very highly rated hotel, right on the beach. Knowing how much the rooms here go for, I was surprised by the laid back, welcoming atmosphere. The dining room is spectacular, with a 270 degree view of the ocean. The tables along the windows have binoculars at them so you can do a little nature watching (something your boys would probably enjoy). Eating here certainly isn't cheap, but it is very good. We went for breakfast, figuring we'd get all the atmosphere at the lowest price.

Annapolis Royal...
Level Contributor
19 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tofino - Long Beach Lodge

Feel free to send me an email at the Concierge desk at the Wickaninnish Inn for the latest updates on what is open and who is doing what - regardless of where you are staying - we love to help!!!

Chris Williams

Chef Concierge

concierge@wickinn.com

Annapolis Royal...
Level Contributor
19 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tofino - Long Beach Lodge

Hello from Tofino,

I am one of the Concierge team at The Wickaninnish Inn here in Tofino, and if you need any specific information about the area and things to do, please email me at concierge@wickinn.com and I can target specific activities for you and your family depending on the time of the year.

Until next time......

Chris Williams

Chef Concierge

p.s. doesn't matter if you aren't staying with us, we are happy to help anyone coming to the area!!

Annapolis Royal...
Level Contributor
19 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tofino - Long Beach Lodge

Feel free to send me an email at the Concierge desk at the Wickaninnish Inn for the latest updates on what is open and who is doing what - regardless of where you are staying - we love to help!!!

Chris Williams

Chef Concierge

concierge@wickinn.com

NYC
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tofino - Long Beach Lodge

fantastic Lodge and beautiful beach-- great surfing lessons in the area- at night the lodge has simple board games and fabulous dessert and everyone tends to hang out inthe Great Room.

fishing trip for the boys for sure!

treat yourself to an afternoon at teh Wickininnish up the road-- there is an Aveda spa there and the restaurant at that resort does an excellent brunch but you need reservations.

have fun

ellen NYC

Southampton, Uk
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tofino - Long Beach Lodge

Just joining in on the Tofino topic.

My husband, mother and twins who will be just 4 at the time we go in June.

We also would like to know if there are any safe beaches to swim at.

We are staying about 5 minutes walk away from Chesterman Beach

I am now particularly interested in Hot spring Cove mentioned by Chucklebelly.

My mother and i are not very good on boats, is the crossing to Hot Spring particularly choppy.

Regards

Diane & Mark Pope Southampton England