We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wineries Vancouver Island

Iowa
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Wineries Vancouver Island

Planning honeymoon and was wondering if any of the wineries on Vancouver island are worth tasting at? Our plan is to arrive in Victoria and spend a day or two and then make the trek over to Tofino for an additional few days--in June... opinions are appreciated. Thank you.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

I've always enjoyed the products from Venturi Schulze

http://www.venturischulze.com/

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

Here's an article you might find interesting:

theglobeandmail.com/life/…

~Natasha

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

Wine Islands is a collection of Island vinters and cideries. Lots of info at:

http://www.wineislands.ca/

Merridale Ciderworks is a favourite of ours.

Victoria, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

The Cowichan Valley Area (just North of Victoria, South of Duncan) offers a large number of wineries to visit. Most charge a tasting fee, but a few let you sample their wares free of charge. My favourites to visit include Zenatta, Rocky Creek and Merridale Cidery. Sea Cider in Victoria is fun too. Look up "Cowichan Valley Wine Tour" for a complete map of all the wineries in the area.

Port Alberni, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

while most of the wineries on Vancouver Island are located in the Cowichan Valley, There are a bunch on the Saanich Peninsula as well. there are also a couple in the Comox Valley, and even one in the Alberni Valley on the way to Tofino. The established ones are generally around Duncan. But it might be fun to be a little adventurous as well.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

I like the Gewürztraminer from Chase & Warren in Port Alberni-goes great with local Halibut in a Thai curry.

Parksville, B.C.
Level Contributor
135 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

Church and State in the Brentwood Bay area is also good for a visit. They also serve lunch at least at some times of the year, and last year I know they were doing raptor demonstrations, with various birds of prey. Church and State is particularly convenient if you were going to go to Butchart Gardens as well.

Iowa
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I am very appreciative and excited!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

I love love love Morning Bay om Pender Island if you end up in the area.

2006 Merlot ..... Delish!

10. Re: Wineries Vancouver Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 10:19