We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Tsawassen for Ferry

Adelaide,Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Tsawassen for Ferry

We are staying near Gastown and want to visit Victoria. What are the transport options to get from our hotel to Tsawassen to catch they ferry to Victoria? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Gastown
Gastown
4,736 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,286 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Tsawassen for Ferry

http://www.pacificcoach.com/

It's certainly possible to do the trip via public transportation but makes for a ***very*** long day-bus us best.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30,057 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Tsawassen for Ferry

Yes, just book yourselves right through on the Cross Water route with Pacific Coach, or book a tour. If you are only planning on going for a day, then you really should book a tour. Its too far to go for one day unless you have the efficiency of a tour.

I think a lot of people don't realize that its about 4 hours of travel each way. Have you looked a flying? The float planes leave from Coal Harbour, which is very close to Gastown.

Mentioned in this post
Gastown
Gastown
4,736 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Adelaide,Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Tsawassen for Ferry

Any suggestions on a good tour?

calgary
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Tsawassen for Ferry

Pacific Coach LInes has a good tour - check out the website that Sam provided.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Tsawassen for Ferry

As a non-Vancouverite I'll say this. I once visited Vancouver for a week or two during which I crossed over to Victoria twice. One of the times I took Pacific Coach to Tsawwassen and then public transit from Shwartz Bay to Victoria, and the second time I took public transit the entire way (both ways in one long day -- I had a business meeting).

I felt that the time I took public transit I saved significant money and spent only a little bit more time. The main cost of taking public transit was of course that I had to figure out the route and make some transfers, it was a little complicated, but even as a visitor with very little knowledge of Vancouver's transit system, it wasn't too hard to figure out. I just calculated the route at http://tripplanning.translink.ca/ .

After all, unless you're staying right at a Pacific Coach pick-up spot, you'll need to make a "transfer" to get on it too.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
6. Re: Travel to Tsawassen for Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 06:15