We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help - Alternative to Tofino

Chicago
5 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Help - Alternative to Tofino

Hi,

My husband and I will be taking a 10th anniversary trip to Vancouver in June. Our itinerary currently looks something like this:

6/2 Arrive Vancouver - travel to Vancouver Island (Nanaimo or Victoria)

6/3 - Depart for Tofino

6/3 - 6/5 Tofino at Long Beach Resort

6/5 Depart Tofino early for Vancouver

6/5- 6/8 Vancouver

6/9 Depart Vancouver

We may be able to extend our vacation beyond a week, but if we can't I'm worried that a day and a half in Tofino and 3 and a half days in Vancouver is trying to pack too much in to a small space. But I love the nature options Tofino has to offer and the look of the Long Beach Resort.

Are there any destinations closer to Vancouver than Tofino is - whether on VI, the Gulf Islands or in BC that can offer similar natural beauty/hiking/ocean access and high level accomodations as Tofino?

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help - Alternative to Tofino

Actually your itinerary looks fine. Your best bet is eather staying the first night in Vancouver and travelling all the way to Tofino the next day or if you want to go straight to the Island, go to Nanaimo. It's closer to Tofino than Victoria.

Qualicum Beach...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help - Alternative to Tofino

There's flights direct to Comox and Victoria through WestJet and Air Canada from major Canadian cities and connector flights from Vancouver to smaller airports like Qualicum and Tofino.

Parkville has nice beaches but is more developed. Tighnamara, Beach Acres and Pacific Shores Resorts are popular beach resorts with much warmer swimming than Tofino. There are some nice shorter hikes along the ocean, the rivers and Horne Lake Caves is an adventure.

Patrick Walshe, Biologist, Qualicum Beach

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help - Alternative to Tofino

Tofino is worth the trip.I would give myself a little more time there if I could.You will be spending a considerable amount of time travelling,but a few days out there and you will relax

4. Re: Itinerary Help - Alternative to Tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 23:18