We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
7 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

Friends will be visiting Victoria Saturday June 23rd on the NCL Pearl. Only in Victoria from 6pm to Midnight.

Want a romantic Anniversary dinner.

Any restaurants with outdoor patio Sunset views you would recommend?

Thanks, Dave

7 replies to this topic
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

Lots of the restaurants I’d recommend don’t have sunset views from their patio, but the Q bar at the Fairmont Empress is great. If you are willing to take a cab about 10 minutes out of downtown Glo has a very good patio. In town without the amazing views, but with great food - Il Terrazzo is an anniversary favourite among locals.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,203 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

Il Covo Trattoria has a lovely garden patio ... a wonderful setting for an anniversary meal. No views, but it is a short walk from the cruise ship pier.

http://www.ilcovotrattoria.ca/

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

Good options above. Steamship Grill is on the harbour with views though not that romantic.

Also restaurant business is very changeable so much too early to be deciding this now.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

Posting failed lol. TA has a ways to go on mobile which is pretty pathetic at this point in time.

Edited: 15 October 2017, 09:28
Victoria,BC
Level Contributor
236 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

Blue Crab Seafood, Aura waterfront or Vista 18 (not my pick).

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

The Lure in the Delta Ocean Pointe Resort

One of the best patios in the city

Victoria BC Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18

I'd give a +1 for Lure and +1 for Aura.

I'd give Vista 18 a -1. While Vista 18 has stunning views from the top floor restaurant - the food for dinner has always been a disappointment for me.

Two other restaurant I'd throw in the mix as romantic and may suit some of your criteria:

The Marina Restaurant. Lovely expansive water views - whether at the table or on the raised banquettes. No patio.

Oak Bay Beach Hotel - Dining Room.

I'm not sure if you have checked our temperatures for that time of year. In late June daily highs are in the mid 60s. If you're arriving at 6 - and if you get a dinner reservation for 7pm - it'll definitely be starting to cool off - and being on the patio near the water - you will likely be starting to feel chilly. I know some places have patio heaters and offer blankets to offset the chill.

Here is a link to a weather site if you'd like to review further:

https://weatherspark.com/m/466/6/Average-Wea…

Right now its probably too early to make a reservation, but let them know it is for an anniversary dinner and they will likely make better efforts to give you a prime seat.

Reply to: Victoria restaurant recommendations for Sat 6/23/18
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted