We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20th anniversary trip - B&B advise sought/Sooke/Butchart

billings, mt
Level Contributor
154 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
20th anniversary trip - B&B advise sought/Sooke/Butchart

We are returning to where we honeymooned for our 20th anniversary. We are thinking of staying outside Victoria because in the last 20 years we have gotten away from cities and prefer gardens, less hectic places. Old growth forest is my favorite scenery, but Gerry is partial to tide pools. We are going to Buchart Gardens for Saturday night fireworks, so want to find a really nice B&B somewhat close to there for 2 nights. What do people think of Florence Lake B&B? Any others closer to Buchart Gardens than Victoria or Sooke that we may want to consider?

For the other 4 nights we are thinking of Markham House or Hartmann House, both near Sooke. Any thoughts/comparisons/other suggestions?

20 years ago Sooke was definitely out of the city. How about now? Is there another area within a 45 minute drive of Victoria we should consider? If so,is there a nice B&B there you would recommend?

I appreciate your time in replying. So many options look good, so little time.

Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20th anniversary trip - B&B advise sought/Sooke/Butchart

Beacon Inn B&B might do the job for you in Sidney a small town outside of Victoria.Close to Butchart Gardens.

Another option might be Brentwood Bay Lodge and Spa

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20th anniversary trip - B&B advise sought/Sooke/Butchart

If your husband likes tide pools then he will love Botanical Beach near Port Renfrew. There are accommodations there, or on the way there, for example at Point No Point (best choice by far, if you can get reservations) or possibly at Jordan River. It's about an hour and a half drive from Sooke to Botanical Beach, I think.

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 20th anniversary trip - B&B advise sought/Sooke/Butchart

Close to the Gardenms is the wonderful Gazebo B&B. Breantwood Bay Spa is great but very upmarket

Florence lake is casual and right on the lake!

Lots of great B&B's in Sooke including the two you mentioned so enjoy!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 20th anniversary trip - B&B advise sought/Sooke/Butchart

Is Beacon Inn on third street in Sidney??

If so then it is such a pretty INN!! I walk by it on my way to work, it looks beautiful and is on a very quiet street but so close to Beacon Street in Sidney, it might be a 15 min drive (if that) to Buchart Gardens.

This B&B is about two small blocks from the Ocean, in fact when I walk back to my car often I can smell the Ocean Air :)

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 20th anniversary trip - B&B advise sought/Sooke/Butchart

Just a thought but you would probably love the Miraloma on the Cove - beautiful arts and crafts style boutique holtel near Sidney - but on a point of land overlooking a harbour - very quiet and gorgeous gardens and view. Would probably be about 20 min to Butchart.

6. Re: 20th anniversary trip - B&B advise sought/Sooke/Butchart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 04:18