We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to spend couple nights at the end of Dec

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking to spend couple nights at the end of Dec

Hi, I'm a student visiting from Ontario, and I will be spending 4 nights in Vancouver and planning for 2 nights in Vancouver. Any advise on good cheap hotels since I'm on a low budget. Also, is there a need for a car to go around Victoria? Thanks

Kimberley, Canada
Level Contributor
290 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to spend couple nights at the end of Dec

mmm - think you meant = "planning for two nights in Victoria" ??

Dalton Hotel (formerly the Dominion) is a "reasonable" budget Motel = see Trip Advior reviews. . .

Some rooms have been totally regenerated, others are "vintage" - recommend you book direct with Hotel to get "newer" room(?).

Room rate used to include a full service breakfast in Hotels bistro style restaurant.

Used to have "happening" Martini bar.

"Fairly" central location.

Reviews are "mixed" - you get what you pay for.

Both my kids in UVIC - they get around just fine by riding on transit bus (fare included in their tutition). The "best climate" in Canada = lots of retired folks + University and a couple other post secondary institutions equates to lots of young folks as well. Don't be afraid to ask for directions, friendly City = you should find it easy to get out, get around, and enjoy!

Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to spend couple nights at the end of Dec

Yeah I meant Victoria my mistake lol

Thanks for the info, Dalton Hotel seems to be a good choice with reasonable prices. What about the Quality Inn?

3. Re: Looking to spend couple nights at the end of Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 03:18