We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding Victoria Island

austin, tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback riding Victoria Island

We will be in Victoria for 3 days, would like to take my 16 yoa grandson horseback riding. I have contacted Alpine Stable (45 min north of Victoria) have not heard back from them. Any suggestions for a 2-3 hour ride? Thank you.

ABCrose

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding Victoria Island

I googled horseback riding victoria bc and found this:

http://www.woodgatestables.com/

austin, tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding Victoria Island

Thank you, have you had any experience with this group?

ABCrose

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback riding Victoria Island

Did you find a good place to horseback ride in the Victoria area? I'll be at Butchart Gardens and want to ride while I'm in the area. Thanks!

BB, Mission Viejo, CA

austin, tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback riding Victoria Island

We are going to ride with Alpine stables (alpinestables.com). We are renting a car to get there. I googled horseback riding and did find a place nearer Victoria, but I liked the choices for a longer ride at Alpine. I finally had to telephone Alpine, apparently despite advertising on the internet, they don't reply to emails. At least they listed their phone number as well as their email address. I'll write a review of our ride when we return.

ABCrose

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback riding Victoria Island

Hi there, it's Vancouver Island not Victoria Island.

The alpine Stables in Cobble Hill has a horse camp. I just wanted to let people know about it if they were looking for info. I was looking everywhere to see if it was a good camp and couldn't find anything on it so I thought I would share our experience.

I had a really hard time getting any info on the place. I even drove down to these stables and asked for info about the camp and they just said to look around the place.

So my 8 yr old daughter goes to camp Mon - Fri. Aug.17 - 21, 2009.

Problems:

1. They ate hot-dogs for dinner for 2 nights, had a granola bar for breakfast with whipcream. Red kool-aid for their beverage for the whole time. Unhealthy food.

2. There was a dog that crapped where the kids tents are so they told the kids to shovel it up every day.

3. The 'leaders' smoked and swore a lot.

4. They didn't offer a shower or bath and they were there for 4 nights.

5. The owner decided it was a good idea to let one of the teenagers drive all 22 teens and kids in one pick-up truck to the lake all at once. There wasn't enough seat belts for every one; including my kid who had to sit on someone's lap. There were a few kids who rode in the back box of the pick up. They did this on 2 occacions.

It was $595.00 for this.

I would put this in a catagory about Alpine Stables in Cobble Hill but there isn't a catagory for it and it doesn't seem to allow me to start one. :(

Thank you.

6. Re: Horseback riding Victoria Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2010, 06:21