We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Victoria -- B & B or hotel?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Victoria -- B & B or hotel?

Ok so I had posted earlier that my boyfriend and I would be on foot, but it turns out that we'll have a vehicle! So now my question is where is a good place to stay now that there are more options ~ Are B & B's a good route or do they tend to be spendier?

We would like something with a view ....

Thanks! =)

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Victoria -- B & B or hotel?

I don't have time to name places now, but consider this comparison.

My trip this week Vancouver hotel $137/night, but Internet is $14.50, parking is $28, charge for local calls, buy breakfast...

My Victoria B&B stay $177 for one night. Includes breakfast, Internet, parking, local calls.

Ends up being about equal for the average person.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Victoria -- B & B or hotel?

This is a very challenging question as there are enough hotels in Victoria to accomodate all kinds of budgets. What we can be sure of is that if you want something with a view, you will be paying a lot more for it. I find than B&B's/Hotels in Victoria are quite comparable. However, the B&B's give you a more personalized experience. With that said, there are hotels on or near Victoria's harbour that offer free breakfast and free internet and free parking so it's really a matter of shopping around. The Best Western Inner Harbour is a name that comes to mind. Actually, the Best Western Carlton Plaza is pretty good too but be sure to ask for their highest floor as they are right in the heart of downtown.

I can narrow the search and drop some other suggestions if you are able to be more specific of your requirements or preferences...

3. Re: Where to stay in Victoria -- B & B or hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 03:16